UBot Underground

Protect your compiled Bots with Protect66

Hey guys, I have been using this for quite a while now, and have never had any issues. Once you set it up (and the guide explains it perfectly), adding it to new bots is a one minute process.

Andy...in the new version I no longer get IPN notifications in my email (but the scripts are working fine, and the buyers DO show up in the tables). Was that part of the upgrade?

John

Hey guys, I have been using this for quite a while now, and have never had any issues. Once you set it up (and the guide explains it perfectly), adding it to new bots is a one minute process.

Andy...in the new version I no longer get IPN notifications in my email (but the scripts are working fine, and the buyers DO show up in the tables). Was that part of the upgrade?

John

Ooops I should have mentioned that in the release notes. I thought those extra emails were annoying since I got the email from paypal anyway and the ipn notification really told me nothing useful.

If anyone really misses these notifications I can easily code them back in.

Andy

No. it just let me know it was successful. But normally once one is successful the rest will be also. I don't need it, I just wanted to make sure I upgraded properly. Thanks Andy.

Andy is there a way to toggle it off/on?

Buddy

That's an idea. Add it back in and we can comment it out if we don't want it.

That's an idea. Add it back in and we can comment it out if we don't want it.

OK that is a good idea. I'll look to do that.

In the mean time... if anyone needs this to work with e-junkie... it will! I am not going to put the ejunkie script in the standard install just yet but if any Protect66 user here uses e-junkie and wants to test it email me or PM me and I'll send you the php file and some crude and basic instructions (its pretty easy).

Andy

Andy, any way to have an email shootout to the enduser buyer with download page? As of right now, they need to click here to return to product thank you page from the paypal screen.

Also, in the config file, the download link is referencing one file to download..but what happens if we need to have several download files for multiple bots from the same site?

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Net66,

sounds great and indeed priced reasonable, but before I purchase I have some questions and hope that you have an answer for me!

1. Can I create trials (7 days or something)?
  2. If so can I display some message when the trial expired with the buy it now link?
  3. can I set it up to expire automatically?
  4. and can I insert something like "5 days left"?

That's it, haha...

If the source isn't encrypted my programmer should be able to do most of it on its own, but I wouldn't mind when some of the features would be included as default!

Thanks for a short note,

best

Sven

Hi Net66,

sounds great and indeed priced reasonable, but before I purchase I have some questions and hope that you have an answer for me!

1. Can I create trials (7 days or something)?
  2. If so can I display some message when the trial expired with the buy it now link?
  3. can I set it up to expire automatically?
  4. and can I insert something like "5 days left"?

That's it, haha...

If the source isn't encrypted my programmer should be able to do most of it on its own, but I wouldn't mind when some of the features would be included as default!

Thanks for a short note,

best

Sven

No it doesn't have any time limiting. It is on the wish list and may be added in the future but I have no immediate plan for that. Frank on this forum has a time limit solution.

Best wishes,

Andy

• 2 weeks later...

New version released today, it's in the download area for anyone who has purchased it.

Latest changes;

1) Security enhancements. I spotted a couple of potential areas that someone might try to exploit, probably being paranoid but that's no bad thing when it comes to security. Have put some extra 'escaping' in to be safe.

2) As requested by users: Paypal IPN scripts now generate the database entry regardless of whether the user clicks to return to merchant and attempts to send them an email (although the success of this will depend on your php/server config, but its clear where in the php the mail sending takes place so if you need to replace the mail() code with something else this should be no issue).

3) A couple of tiny fixes which were affecting a really minute percentage of licenses issued (thanks to Praney who helped track this down).

Andy.

i been thinking about buying this for awhile now

but...

1. I thought the price was $99 but now i see its $167 guess it went up

(my fault for delaying i guess)

2. the demo on the site did not work

the bot was made with an older version of ubot guess that might be the problem

3. before i invest another large amount of money into my hobby i was wondering if anyone who bought this had any problems with it or if any of your end users did

i just don't want to be kicking myself for spending that much on something that don't work

(like the demo on the site)i have 6 kids and plenty of bills i could spend the money on so any and all feed back would be appreciated

thanks

daddydanimal

but...

3. before i invest another large amount of money into my hobby i was wondering if anyone who bought this had any problems with it or if any of your end users did

i just don't want to be kicking myself for spending that much on something that don't work

(like the demo on the site)i have 6 kids and plenty of bills i could spend the money on so any and all feed back would be appreciated

thanks

daddydanimal

Hey daddydanimal,

This script is worth buying, will not regret. Andy is one guy I know only for a month or so when I bought this script. He has always been there if I had any problems. Hez a guy worth trusting, and the script itself is pretty secure, never had any problems with the security, so far.

I make have made a good no. of bots and use Andy's script for security. So I can assure it's worth buying.

I realized I had not left a review so far and do it now.

I am sure all the other buyers of this script would vouch on Andy's script and his friendly service.

Happy boting!

Cheers :)

Praney

• Like 2

thanks for the feed back Praney

i have just one question before i buy

once the user registers the bot or the bot is registered

will the user have to enter their info into the bot each time the run it?

in other words

user buys bot and registers it using the register tab

name

email

receipt number

after they are done using the bot and they close it

the next day they open it up again to do another run

is their info saved some how or do they have to re-enter and re-run the register tab???

but...

thanks

daddydanimal

Hi daddydanimal,

I'll check the demo out today. The protect system has had a lot of updates since it came out (in fact the price rise is because I spend far more time updating the system to keep in line with changes in ubot that its not viable for me to keep the price as it was). I have not updated the demo with the latest code so I will do this today.

I'll be totally honest with you about how others have got on with the system. A couple have had teething problems getting it set up, but I am sure they'd tell you that the support I gave was prompt and in all cases any issues were resolved.

Have just sent you a PM on here that should answer your other q's before you buy!

Andy

Hi daddydanimal,

I'll check the demo out today. The protect system has had a lot of updates since it came out (in fact the price rise is because I spend far more time updating the system to keep in line with changes in ubot that its not viable for me to keep the price as it was). I have not updated the demo with the latest code so I will do this today.

I'll be totally honest with you about how others have got on with the system. A couple have had teething problems getting it set up, but I am sure they'd tell you that the support I gave was prompt and in all cases any issues were resolved.

Have just sent you a PM on here that should answer your other q's before you buy!

Andy

I'D LOVE TO SEE THE FOLLOWING:

SINGLE PAGE ADMIN.

ABILITY TO ADD NEW BOTS TO THE DATABASE TABLES GIVE THEM A NAME AND THEN SELECT THE BOT WHEN CREATING LICENSES FOR CUSTOMERS. REVOKE LICENSE. RESET LICENCE. SETTING A TEMPORARY LICENCE. SETTING A TIME LICENCE.

THAT SHOULD KEEP YOU BUSY ANDY :)

:)

Hi daddydanimal,

Andy

i received your PM thanks for getting back with me in a timely manner and answering my questions

i also went ahead and bought it ill be more then happy to post a review after i get it setup and add to to my bots in case their are others out their like me who are hesitant

• 2 weeks later...

I a bit confused with the paypal setup

I take it I will need to have a different dir on my server of each bot but only have to have 1 data base

how ever in the notes it says " if using paypal ipn rember to turn on ipn on in your paypal account settings !"

pay pal only allows you to enter one ipn url in the settings

the settings I'm referring to are found my going to profile then clicking Instant Payment Notification Preferences

so if I can only use one ipn url and I have to set up a different folder for each bot on the server how is this going to work with more then one bot as I would have more then one ipn.php file?

will it still work for all the bots no matter what url i enter into the paypal ipn settings?

or am i over looking something?

any help or pointers would be awesome as i would like to put at least 5 bots up for sale on my site today or asap

thanks in advance

p.s. i did send Andrew a email already and i know he will email me back with in 24 hours usually less but im off work today and in a hurry to get it done today so i figured it wouldn't hurt to ask hear as well

andy email me with in 3 hours and said

It doesn't matter where the url in the paypal set up is pointing as the button code overrides this url for each set-up

i really have to say he is a nice guy and provides great support

• 2 weeks later...

Yup I can vouch for Andy - he is extremely helpful and quick to respond to queries -

yes from my understanding the pay button code would overwrite the communication url as it is written inside of the code where paypal should communicate with.

so i just setup the ipn feature and pointing back to one site which i was working on at the time - all new nbots have the ipn communication url coded in the buy now button and has been working like a charm

• 3 weeks later...

Does this only protect ubot bots? Or can it protect other scripts as well?

It protects ubot bots but potentially can be adapted for other things. Email me with details of what you are wanting to do. andy (@) 66th.net

• 1 year later...