UBot Underground

Uppser size limit of a Bot?

When I make a single-script, short, single-purpose bot, the .ubot file is about 19kb to 30 kb in size. It takes about a minute to open though on my Vista 32-bit PC, just openeing a blank ubot window takes that amount of time, every time.

I can run a few windows at once though, usually without crashing.

I've got this one bot though, That I've been working on since the beginning, it's Huge.

6.5 Megs and growing, with 6 separate scripts in it and almost 100 variables now!

It's taking me a good 2 minutes to launch on a good day. It fails to load totally on bad days. :(

Basically, I think need more power. Just for the purposes of this bot alone, I worry that I'll need to buy a new 8-core PC with all the trimmings...

So my question is; is there some size or script # restriction that we should try to keep our bots under? Is it relative to our ram or processor speed? Or is it just an X-Megabyte limit that it starts to get unstable at? :unsure:

Cheers,

Luke

It is mainly relative to your computer speed - harddrive, ram (speed and size) and processor speed. The 'problem' is that IE itself is pretty horrible.

I've made huge bots myself - I had a problem starting it with my slower computers but it was usually quite fast with my better ones.

A splash screen while loading would be cool though - so you would know if it's actually starting.

But no - there shouldn't be any megabyte-limit :)

The 'problem' is that IE itself is pretty horrible.

I've made huge bots myself - I had a problem starting it with my slower computers but it was usually quite fast with my better ones. A splash screen while loading would be cool though - so you would know if it's actually starting.

But no - there shouldn't be any megabyte-limit :)

Then maybe you can answer this for me... Why is it that every time I Edit this big bot, even if it is just to Delete nodes, and save it again, the size goes UP on my bot's size limit, sometimes by several hundred kilobytes!

Just to test this out, minutes ago, I opened my monsterbot which was showing in windows as: 7,409 kb today. (Before ver 3.3 I believe it was only 3,600 kb in size.)

I went into the first script and deleted 1 single node, then saved it before closing.

It then showed in windows as 7,628 kb immediately! Plus, the time it takes to open this bot has gone from under 2 minutes before v3.3 all the way up to about 4 minutes now.

Clearly I can't work like this... It is rapidly becoming a nightmare. All that work...!

So right now I'm in the process now of re-creating the entire bot side by side with the broken one, copying & pasting only what I have to. If this new bot starts growing unreasonably too, I don't know what i'm going to do.

-Luke

No!!!!!

I just recreated the entire bot from scratch, cutting and pasting over only SUBs. Yes, I kept a lot in subs but that left some outside them too, all replaced from scratch.

And the size of this new file is: 8,411 kb!!!

I'm logging a ticket... This is getting insane!

Please get on this tonight Alex... I'm really screwed without being able to edit this bot!

-Luke

Well yes this is a known bug - and I can't do anything about it sorry - im not taking part in any programming. I'll talk to Seth about it though and see if he can solve this faster :)

I too have a bit of a monster. 30 scripts.

In version 3.1.5.1 (hope that's right) it was 986K.

In the new version it is 6.153MB. It takes about 40 seconds to boot up and run. Once it runs it's pretty stable.

As for compiling it, it will never compile. I just get an .exe that when I open up is blank.

As for compiling it, it will never compile. I just get an .exe that when I open up is blank.

Aarrrgghh.... Mine won't compile either now... Just like yours it stays blank when opened after the compile.

:( :( :( :( :(

So basically what is being said here is that uBot can only create tiny little apps like "Go here & do that one thing." Once you start stacking them they become unstable & inflate automatically, at least in the new version. Is that about right?

My business is at a standstill because of this, unless I go back to a much earlier version, which by now I've been using 3.3 so long I'll have a LEARNING CURVE again...

Please tell Seth how worried I am about this error... I didn't buy ubot just to make facebook accounts or submit to blog directories... I bought ubot to automate my entire business and now I find that it can no longer do that. :angry: