UBot Underground

What is UBot identifying itself as??

There must be a way.

I have Winautomation Pro as well and it has the option to fake the UA.

Winautomation is, like uBot, made in VB.net and creates a VB.net .exe.

So if Winautomation can do it, uBot should (in theory) be able as well.

• 1 month later...

I've actually tried messing with the user agent before, with little success. Keep in mind that the UBot browser is just an instance of internet explorer, which means that doing this kind of stuff actually means hacking internet explorer. In a lot of cases I've had success getting at IE's innards, but this was not one of those cases.

I'll take another look at it though, and see if there is anything else I can do with it.

Any update?

ubot doesn't actually identify itself as anything. its the browser contained in ubot that controls all of that. the browser is an instance of internet explorer. it should be the latest version you have installed. I'm not sure why it would identify itself as something else.

btw, this is why its so difficult to change the user agent - because I have to actually hack internet explorer to change anything.

ubot doesn't actually identify itself as anything. its the browser contained in ubot that controls all of that. the browser is an instance of internet explorer. it should be the latest version you have installed. I'm not sure why it would identify itself as something else.

btw, this is why its so difficult to change the user agent - because I have to actually hack internet explorer to change anything.

Hmm strange.

I use IE8 and it seems to identify it as IE7. :huh:

Like what i said Seth, Winautomation is able to change the useragent identification.

So in theory you should be able to add this to uBot too.

• 4 weeks later...

I need it too, these useragents are too much usefull for me and into my bots. And on some cases are something more than needed for some proxy types. Please implement it as fast as you can.

Thanks

No worries meter,

But thanks for your time.. ;)

Finally remembered it Praney :P

http://ubotstudio.com/forum/index.php?/topic/5047-how-to-change-useragent-in-ubot/page__pid__22050__st__0entry22050

Put it on my todo list, and as you can see 2 month later, it was one hell of a todo list... :P

Ok it seems that a temporary solution to this is posted by meter at the following thread:

http://ubotstudio.com/forum/index.php?/topic/5047-how-to-change-useragent-in-ubot/page__view__findpost__p__22048

Praney