UBot Underground

Text box are keeps changing for choose by attribute

Hey I came across a problem with the choose by attribute thing. For instance I am trying blog comments and the text areas for each blog keep changing. (like even if I refresh the page) I can't say which are these blogs I am using, but they are similar to forums (like v7n and wickedfire, if you use the choose by attribute on the textarea box, it will show innerhtml or outerhtml, another time it will show id and name, another time it shows values etc...)

So basically since ubot doesnt know what to search for as an "exact match" for the text area, i cannot post my message in the textarea of the blogs? Even wildcards doesnt help?

Any ideas guys, Im stuck seriously!!!!

Hey, I dont know how to PM u with a pic, so i have put up one here. note this is from wf on sending a new msg, I assume it will happen to all forums as well.

See the body part of my message keeps showing diff things on choose by attribute? Y? Is it because some websites are too advanced for ubot and can keep changing their selection thing? many blogs also have this and so i cant send comments :(

post-263-12670759402116_thumb.jpg

Aaron Nimocks recently shared a vBulletin PM "automator" ;) on the forum.

I would grab that and look at his code.

ummm... ok thanks for the tip, but I am looking to spam blogs not forums...so basically vBulletin might not help. i need some thing for blogger and wp

I would say you are doing something wrong. When you right click and choose select by attribute do you have the right element selected at the top of the context?

Grab the name / id variable. If is a text area, then it will have a name (I think) as this is used in the post method of grabbing it's contents so it will not change.

I would say you are doing something wrong. When you right click and choose select by attribute do you have the right element selected at the top of the context?

Grab the name / id variable. If is a text area, then it will have a name (I think) as this is used in the post method of grabbing it's contents so it will not change.

I do not understand what you mean by "right element selected at the top of the context?"

You can try this urself too, go to wicked fire or v7n or any other forum through ubot and try to select the text area on quick reply or send new msg(select a blue node and then right click the choose by attribute thing), at times you will get id, sometimes you will get innerhtml other times I get stuff like variable name etc...etc

Any ideas?

Hey guys, just to let you know that it worked. Thanks to bluegoat who figured it out. Basically you have to click on the Simple Editor thing that is located there on the vb_textbox. The reason for this is that ubot makes use of IE and not safari or chrome engine. (Notice in safari and chrome, the textboxes are automatically static/simple, but this is not the case in IE)

• 3 weeks later...

Hey guys, just to let you know that it worked. Thanks to bluegoat who figured it out. Basically you have to click on the Simple Editor thing that is located there on the vb_textbox. The reason for this is that ubot makes use of IE and not safari or chrome engine. (Notice in safari and chrome, the textboxes are automatically static/simple, but this is not the case in IE)

Hi there,

I've been trying this method but when I get the ubot to click on the HTML button it just opens a browser window outside of ubot. Which I then can't edit. I've tried running it in a subwindow with no effect.

Anyone got any pointers

Hi there,

I've been trying this method but when I get the ubot to click on the HTML button it just opens a browser window outside of ubot. Which I then can't edit. I've tried running it in a subwindow with no effect.

Anyone got any pointers

I shall try this and let you know...