UBot Underground

How to choose from UI List???

I wanted to create a directory submission bot how can i choose categories? For example i will create a UI List of the categories on this directory http://www.awebsitesdirectory.com/submit.php then i list every categories in my UI List. How can I make it choose the specific category when i click it in the UI List? For examply I click Business how can I make bot to choose it from the drop down list??

Please advice..

I wanted to create a directory submission bot how can i choose categories? For example i will create a UI List of the categories on this directory http://www.awebsitesdirectory.com/submit.php then i list every categories in my UI List. How can I make it choose the specific category when i click it in the UI List? For examply I click Business how can I make bot to choose it from the drop down list??

Please advice..

Ok, here is an example.

Tried to word it out but I can't do that very well so I just made this for you.

UI List Example.ubot

• Like 1

Thanks oniraug but it still confuse me.. Can you make an example exactly on this website http://www.awebsitesdirectory.com/submit.php so i can really get the idea..? even for just few categories.. please.. thanks

Thanks bluegoat for this. But you specific value in order to choose that specific category.. I think it will not work on other web directories right?? What I wanted to have is when i choose "Business" For example it will search the category that match "Business" and that applies for every directory i wanted to include in my bot.... is this possible??

The only way I can see of this working across domains is to download all the categories and their values for each directory to a list separating the category name from its value searching the list for the category name and returning its value as the category post id

ZAP is correct.

The only way to make a submitter for directories and articles for multiple sites is to get all the Categories and ID's for each before hand.

That way when you are submitting your site under the Business category it knows what ID to pick for each site. This is a long process to get all that and put it all together but it would be worth it when done.

ZAP is correct.

The only way to make a submitter for directories and articles for multiple sites is to get all the Categories and ID's for each before hand.

That way when you are submitting your site under the Business category it knows what ID to pick for each site. This is a long process to get all that and put it all together but it would be worth it when done.

On the other hand I wouldn't mind betting that many directories are using the same default categories that came with the directory script. If true, you could save a lot of time - by just doing a check if it's a default set up.

On the other hand I wouldn't mind betting that many directories are using the same default categories that came with the directory script. If true, you could save a lot of time - by just doing a check if it's a default set up.

I think you are correct about that, the problem i see is i would bet these are also the PR0 domains that are on auto approve or never approve your submission, when the ones you really want links from have the custom categories sorry to say to me it seems the only way is the hard way just have to bit the bullet

Kreatus try this...

I added a little to oniraug's bot to get it to select a category from the drop down.

The forum wont allow me any more room to upload files, so I added it here:

http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?xntgooyrzt1

Great script Bluegoat. To expand a little and this is probably pretty easy but I can't figure it out. How can I go about filling a UI list box with information from a csv file? The idea, is to have a list of accounts in csv format, that I could load into ubot, which shows up in a UI box, and then I could just select an account and login with it.

So far I have managed to import the csv into you bot, and break the csv apart into seperate lists. From their I am kind of frozen. Look forward to all your replies.

Can't be done at this time Gene. I think it is already marked as a future feature addition but I would check with alcr to be sure.

Thanks webautomationlab,

I thought I was going crazy, it's good to know at least it's not me..This would be a great feature, especially for those of us who work with multiple accounts that need individual attention.

Cheers,

Gene

There are other ways to do it that are beyond my skills.

You could load the options into a variable, then load those into a javascript interface, and choose from there perhaps? Use the UI status monitor to show the options chosen in the UI area?

This is just riffing. I don't know how to do a lot with js, so maybe one of the pros could help out with that.

ZAP is correct.

I was running into this issue the other day and came to the same conclusion as well for local business directories. Either I'm going to spend a heck of alot of time doing that(what you suggested) or while it's submitting to each directory I just throw a pause in there at this spot and manually choose it. Either way it costs time, but while the latter is not as cool, I think that's what I have to go with for now.

• 5 months later...