UBot Underground

Questions before I buy

Can someone help me understand the limitations of ubot by letting me know if it can handles these hypothetical scenarios?

Can ubot...

* go to a webpage and download any PDFs it finds to a folder?

* search for goldfish on Google images and download the first 3 pages of images to a folder?

* search for goldfish on Google images and download only images with the word 'fish' in the filename?

* scrape the product names and prices of an ecommerce competitor and output to a csv?

* check each page of a website for empty <title></title> tags, and output to a csv?

* use a min-max random delay between actions e.g. RAND(3, 6)

* use regex to select elements/attributes?

Finally, do you need an active internet connection at all times to run ubot? Or can it run offline?

Thanks in advance!

Can someone help me understand the limitations of ubot by letting me know if it can handles these hypothetical scenarios?

Can ubot...

* search for goldfish on Google images and download the first 3 pages of images to a folder?

* search for goldfish on Google images and download only images with the word 'fish' in the filename?

* scrape the product names and prices of an ecommerce competitor and output to a csv?

* check each page of a website for empty <title></title> tags, and output to a csv?

Finally, do you need an active internet connection at all times to run ubot? Or can it run offline?

Thanks in advance!

Yeah I think this is all possible.. not sure what regex is but you can easily search and select for attributes on a page.

Not sure how I would go about downloading .pdf's but you could create a list of them quite easily & then rip later.

Don't forget there is a 30 day money back guarantee.

I'm unaware if it can actually download them (it can gather them together to a list though), we have a discussion in another thread here about the matter though. http://ubotstudio.com/forum/index.php?/topic/2770-automating-file-download-in-ie

Yes

Yes

Depends on how you write the bot? But probably yes.

Not at the moment, the title tag is in the head, not in the body. But this will probably come in the future.

I guess so. Never used that function myself though. Someone else around here might know.

Regex?

Been reading around about UBot and overall feedback seems good, but I have a big concern which is how well it works for saving images and other files off the web.

Let's say I have a list of URLs to visit. Each page has 1-3 images on it. With UBot will it be possible to automatically save those images and give them each a custom name, using the URL name as a variable for example?

Been reading around about UBot and overall feedback seems good, but I have a big concern which is how well it works for saving images and other files off the web.

Let's say I have a list of URLs to visit. Each page has 1-3 images on it. With UBot will it be possible to automatically save those images and give them each a custom name, using the URL name as a variable for example?

Yes, that is what is good about UBot for scraping images is you have full control over the filename. So it can be anything you want really.

Yes. Actually UBot Studio is all about browser manipulation, so I don't really know why would you not want to be connected to the internet when using it. :)

Very good point!

I'll have a look at the many tutorials and decide if it can save me time/money/headache. Thanks again everyone - this forum adds oodles of value to the product.

• 1 month later...