UBot Underground

How I Cleared Out Browser Cookies & Temp in IE7

Ok I have a question for all you computer geeks out there. Something that's been bothering me for a while. How is it that when I am in yahoo, for instance, and then nav to another site,(WITHOUT logging out) run the ccleaner and then come back to yahoo it still knows me? I mean technically if all cookies and flash cookies are deleted then what is it that yahoo is doing that still recognizes me? And how is that freakin legal?

Magic :)

Or on a more serious note, I know PHP can store information in a cookie or a session variable. The session variable sits on the server so wouldn't be cleaned by ccleaner.

Purely speculating here as I don't know, but when you go to site, there must be something kind of data swap for sessions to work, I am guessing something is passed over that authenticates you that doesn't change (normally) when you go the site. This can be used to identify you (unless you log out, close browser etc).

• 1 month later...

And for those who play with aol webmail accounts, how do YOU clear cookies and log in with different accounts you create? Nothing seems to be working for logging into different accounts from my side. I think i'm hitting a session wall problem...

Logout, navigate away, clean cookies, clean flashcookies (maybe change proxy) and voila :)

For some reason, aol is giving me a pop up and asking me to log into my google account for more information...wtf lol..i'm not logged into any of my google accounts at the moment

Ok, so after much testing and analysis..i think aol flags new accounts that get created from the same i.p and time stamp them as well. It goes towards a hashing for a sec key that gets generated. I have zero problem creating at least 10 different accounts and logging into them upon creation, but when i log out and try to log in (mere seconds after they were created), it tells me that username can't be found or that I used a wrong password. Looks like i'm screwed unless i get a bunch of proxies

• 1 month later...

Ubot sometimes struggles when clearing out all of the browser cookies and temp files. So with websites like Youtube and Yahoo you may have some problems when logging into different accounts. Here is what I did and it worked perfectly in IE7.

howtogeek.com

I used the shell and ran this "RunDll32.exe InetCpl.cpl,ClearMyTracksByProcess 4351" and all of my cookies were deleted.

superb, thank you.

• 10 months later...

http://img709.imageshack.us/img709/7816/imageclearcookies.gif

Yes all you do is Run Shell --> & Put the string in a Sub Parameter --> ...and it should work. I can confirm this works in IE8 and IE7 on Windows Vista.

If anyone knows how to run the clear cookies box hidden I would be interested in knowing how.

Quality! This has solved some long standing problem. This thread should be mentioned everytime someone has log-in/cookie/proxy issues.

• 1 month later...

I'm using CCleaner too but in Windows 7 you get that annoying popup saying "are you sure you want to run ccleaner.exe"?

Is there anyway to disable that besides disabling that notificiation for all programs?