UBot Underground

Pause until user does something?

I've been handling this by using the "wait for" option to wait for text that I know will only be present on the page after the user enters whatever they're going to enter and hits submit. Then the bot just takes over and continues from there seamlessly.

Jonathan

I've been handling this by using the "wait for" option to wait for text that I know will only be present on the page after the user enters whatever they're going to enter and hits submit. Then the bot just takes over and continues from there seamlessly.

Jonathan

I feel like an idiot asking this, but where do you find the "wait for" command?

Nope I mean "wait for". Just select a node, then right click the area of text you want to select from in the browser window and choose "wait for"... then specify the text you want to wait for. It's super duper pooper scooper useful.

Jonathan

As alcr said. You could use a if/then command. If ubot sees a comment form then pause the script. User can input the comment and then click play to continue to the next. I think that's the best way to do it.

I don't really see how using the "wait for" command would be the thing to do here. But I could be missing something...

Chris

Well for me, Wait For is perfect because I know there is uique text on the next page after the user clicks submit. So all they have to do is enter the data and click a button and the script just continues.

But if the next page is dynamic and you don't know what will be on it, or identical to the current page in terms of content, then it wouldn't work.

Jonathan

Thanks Jonathan, that was very helpful. You're right, it would only work when you have something constant on the next step but I can still think of a few things it would be useful for....Off to apply now :)

Thanks Jonathan, that was very helpful. You're right, it would only work when you have something constant on the next step but I can still think of a few things it would be useful for....Off to apply now :)

Yeah, I've found that almost every single page has a constant you can use it for. I normally use "wait for" when I log in, and have it continue when it finds "sign out" or "log out" on the page.

I use wait for instead of wait finish for pages that use a lot of flash/ajax/javascript, since they usually read as being finished when they aren't.

i just started incorporating the "wait for" command in my bots but what i've found is that sometimes it times out and stops the script...so lets say ur uploading a long video (which i was)...you can use "while"-->"wait for" (whatever text u know is on the next page)-->and a 3-5 second delay...that way the bot will keep waiting for the specific text and when the action finishes...the script will keep running.

• Like 1

Your wish is my command...

http://screencast.com/t/MzE1NDQ2

Enjoy!

Jonathan

Wow man, thanks! I've needed this about a zillion times, and I had no idea that was there.

I feel stupid because I never even saw that command there and I needed one like that a few times. Thanks :)

I'm with you Aaron, I'm still scratching my head trying to figure out how I missed it.

Wow man, thanks! I've needed this about a zillion times, and I had no idea that was there.

I'm with you Aaron, I'm still scratching my head trying to figure out how I missed it.

Man, I feel bad for you guys, I've been using this since day one, and use it in almost every bot I create.