UBot Underground

Using wildcards with the $replace constant

I'm trying to manage a list of categories in the format category:subcategory. The category and subcategory are in two seperate drop down boxes so I need to be able to seperate them. I currently have them in a list box tied to the var. #ezinecat. I tried setting a new variable using the $replace and a wild card *: for the subcat and tried to replace it with nothing with $nothing. When try to use the new variable I just get the whole text, nothing is replaced. Does anyone know how to do this? Thanks.

post-300-12624818616454_thumb.jpg

I used the code above as a test. Like I put test:word in the text box in the above example and the output to google would just be test:word while it should have been just word since the wildcard should have removed everything up to and including the colon. I thought maybe I was doing something wrong. I haven't tested it on ezine yet as I haven't written the macro to submit the article, I just have the categories and subcats in a list text box. If the code looks right, I will try it again.

for those that are interested in knowing how to do this, I think I've solved it. All you need to do is add the variable to a list and use ":" as the delimiter, and then just choose "next list item" for the category, and then again after choosing the sub-category.

post-300-12624893306368_thumb.jpg

• 1 month later...
  • 11 months later...
  • 1 year later...