UBot Underground

How do you Stay Motivated & Productive?

I'm finding it harder and harder to get as motivated as I used to when working on my bots.  There are all sorts of reasons I'm not as productive (kids, day job, family, etc.), but I realize they are all just excuses.

So, how do you stay motivated and productive?  What's your day look like?  Do you exercise in the mornings?  Only check emails once per day? (I started checking emails only once per day and it was a huge bump in my productivity, this one is a tip from the master Tim Ferris himself).  What other things help you to be productive?

What Aymen said!!

But i know what you are talking about,what i do is work on multiple things not just code all day.

What i usually do is take a long vacation to clear my head,after 4 weeks i am am fresh with new ideas.

I code only when i feel like it because i have learned if i lack the motivation its better to not code at all,because i end up just staring at the screen not being productive at all.

But sometime i get a kick and i can write 4 pages of code without a problem,but on a day where i am not motivated i just write a couple of lines and not really worth anything.

Something i discovered about myself along the road is if i am forced to code then i am not productive at all,but when i get the kicks then i spit out code in a insane tempo.

You just got to find something that is working for you,i know its easier said then done but sometimes you got to take a step backward to be able to go 2 steps forward

I'm finding it harder and harder to get as motivated as I used to when working on my bots.  There are all sorts of reasons I'm not as productive (kids, day job, family, etc.), but I realize they are all just excuses.

So, how do you stay motivated and productive?  What's your day look like?  Do you exercise in the mornings?  Only check emails once per day? (I started checking emails only once per day and it was a huge bump in my productivity, this one is a tip from the master Tim Ferris himself).  What other things help you to be productive?

NO ONE is a BOT (not entirely sure about aymen though (just kidding bud, no offence)) and especially NOT us around here so don't get scared if sometimes you feel un-motivated or a little disappointed about results or whatever... oh trust me, you are NOT the first nor the only one in this situation and there are more  to come in the future...

Beside aymen's reason i like to keep in mind something else... read my signature :) now tell me , is that reason good enough?

I closed my facebook account and twitter account. I leave skype turned off. With email I unsubscribed to almost everything. I rarely check my email.  I also rarely check in on the UBot Studio forum.

For me to stay motivated I have to force myself to do things like taking time out for myself like getting exercise, and not working too much.

I find UBot Studio to be addictive so I have to remember to take days off otherwise I burn myself out. There is more to life than working in front of a computer all the time. Do something different: Work in the garden, go to a spa, go on a trip, watch a movie, go to school, ride a seal, hunt a snowboarder...

http://www.wtfmarketing.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/09/replace-burnout.png

• Like 1

What keeps me motivated the most is not the money honestly , its the goals i want to reach , i usually work from 4 to 5 hours daily , but i live my life so i can take all the pressure out , so that next morning when i set on my desk to work i put my mind to it !

Sometimes, the best way to stay motivated and productive, is to not be productive at all. :P What I mean is, take a break, and do something else.

Basically, people have 4 main areas: the physical, the mental, the emotional, and the spiritual.

You need to put effort into each of these, but you also need to take time to recover them. For example, if you do nothing but sit all day, your body is physically going to rot away. But if you do nothing but exercise all day, your body is going to explode from overwork and burn out. Same for the mental, emotional and spiritual aspect. It's important to balance work and recovery across all 4.

So when I feel I'm approaching mental burn out, I take a break from the mental activities, and go for physical, emotional or spiritual ones while my mental energy recovers...

If you do that, your motivation and productivity will soar. Anyways, I like this article on the subject:

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/tony-schwartz/work-life-balance-the-90_b_578671.html