UBot Underground

What's the coolest bot that ubot can create?

Hi there,

I have a couple of personal projects that I'm thinking of using ubot for.

So here I am, kicking the tires, so to speak, and I'm curious. Is there a show case of ubot magic?

What would you guys consider to be the cool things that you have made ubot do?

Thanks

If you can do it with a PC, then UBOT can do it!

The sky really is the limit here, and with all the modifications and the new plug in feature Ubot is going nowhere but to the top.

If you can give us an example of what you are hoping to accomplish, we can let you know that it's possible.

My suggestion would be to not buy until you already have something in mind that you want to automate.  It will not make you money by simply buying it....  You have to have an idea, a method, that you want to automate and scale.  Or simply a great idea for a bot to sell.

...The sky really is the limit here....

http://ozhouse.org/wp-content/uploads/2012/09/double_facepalm.jpg

haha i know what you're trying to say !

but that doesn't mean you can't create awesome stuff with ubot !

c'mon  -> sky is the limit
i mean i luv ubot i luv that things i can do with this software

but the limit is the webtechnics like flashcaptcha and tricky js

ubot is on the rigth way but the sky is mutch mutch higher then the level ubot got yet.

bit more modesty pls :)

• Like 1

Okay guys I guess i deserve the double face palm...

Really?

I have been very vocal about the bugs, but Ubot has helped me automate ALOT of stuff...

I still bitch and moan more than the average user about the bugs!

http://www.ubotstudio.com/forum/index.php?/topic/10147-awesomium-update/

http://www.ubotstudio.com/forum/index.php?/topic/11698-browser-crash-again-due-to-awesomium/

http://www.ubotstudio.com/forum/index.php?/topic/11359-awesomium-prevents-anything-from-working/

...The sky really is the limit here....

http://ozhouse.org/wp-content/uploads/2012/09/double_facepalm.jpg

So a big double face palm to you guys  :P

Cheers,

Justin

P.S. - I'm still waiting for the bugs to be fixed and working on learning C++

P.S.S - If it's something simple, it's really easy.  The more complicated, the harder it gets.  Makes sense why none of you have ran into the problems yet, you simple minded fools  :P

So good for you!  :rolleyes:

If you can do it with a PC, then UBOT can do it!

The sky really is the limit here, and with all the modifications and the new plug in feature Ubot is going nowhere but to the top.

If you can give us an example of what you are hoping to accomplish, we can let you know that it's possible.

My suggestion would be to not buy until you already have something in mind that you want to automate.  It will not make you money by simply buying it....  You have to have an idea, a method, that you want to automate and scale.  Or simply a great idea for a bot to sell.

Well as mentioned above, I already have it, bought a couple of years ago to evaluate but decided not to use it for anything serious for various reasons. I now have a couple of projects that I think ubot might handle quite nicely and so I plan to use these to take another look.

First one is a google serp slurper. Not just the urls, but the rest of the info too so that I can track a couple of things that I'm interested in. I want this info to feed into a sqlite db, so that I can then do other things with it. This looks like a good project to figure out how ubot handles more complex parsing. Right now, this is one feature where ubot looks weak to me at the moment, but maybe I just don't know how to do fancy parsing with ubot yet.

Second project is to monitor a couple of websites, looking for specific keywords. When they appear, I want an email notificaton with the details. Ideally which would be a desktop app that runs on a schedule.

While I'd appreciate input on these, I'm also curious about what you guys have been able to make ubot do.

c'mon  -> sky is the limit

i mean i luv ubot i luv that things i can do with this software

but the limit is the webtechnics like flashcaptcha and tricky js

ubot is on the rigth way but the sky is mutch mutch higher then the level ubot got yet.

bit more modesty pls :)

Aha! A reality check. This is interesting - where the limits lie.

Can one inject custom js into the browser instance?

Aha! A reality check. This is interesting - where the limits lie.

Can one inject custom js into the browser instance?

Yes u can

And thats not what i mean with my post...

The reality with ubot is...

Awesomium (the Browserengien ubot work with) runs not very stable, even after the last update it is a bit better but not near "limit to the sky"

Ubot got Problems with big Lists (We talk about lists bigger than 40.000 rows).

Ubot got Memory Problems.

But

Ubot is mutch better then the rest of that kind of software 

and it is easy to use and to learn

u can create your projects very fast and with a nice workflow

and at last u gotta fantastic commuity around ubot.

But it doesnt helps nobody if ppl talk about ubot like a golden cow

• Like 1
Yes u can

And thats not what i mean with my post...

The reality with ubot is...

Awesomium (the Browserengien ubot work with) runs not very stable, even after the last update it is a bit better but not near "limit to the sky"

Ubot got Problems with big Lists (We talk about lists bigger than 40.000 rows).

Ubot got Memory Problems.

But

Ubot is mutch better then the rest of that kind of software 

and it is easy to use and to learn

u can create your projects very fast and with a nice workflow

and at last u gotta fantastic commuity around ubot.

But it doesnt helps nobody if ppl talk about ubot like a golden cow

Yeah, I'm busy looking at Awesomium for other reasons. The feature set is really interesting, especially the off screen rendering, I can do a lot with that. But their support forums are, let's be polite and call it unsatisfactory. Documentation is not the greatest. The wiki is a joke.

So maybe I just haven't spent enough time on it, but to me, lack of visible support is a red flag. it creates the impression that this is a side project for them and they are spending their time doing other things. And the problem with that is that it looks like it would be easy for them to simply walk away from that if things got tough.

I certainly wouldn't bet the farm on Awesomium yet. ubot has jumped in with both feet so I guess that they are confident that this will succeed. Let's hope they don't need plan b.

Me, I'll be looking at a couple of other webkit options as well.

>Ubot got Memory Problems.

Interesting, I haven't used it enough to hit that. I suppose there are work arounds for that.

>But it doesnt helps nobody if ppl talk about ubot like a golden cow

Nothing is perfect. The big plus is continuity and that there's a community interested in using it and discussing it, warts and all.