UBot Underground

Complex Email Verification - Help Appreciated

Hey everyone, Cnotey here.

Luckily I haven't had to ask too many dumb noob questions since I got ubot. And I have not found a more supportive forum on the entire internet. However, I have one task that is giving me a huge headache.

So I am having trouble verifying emails. The emails I need to verify have certain data that needs to be extracted, then on the confirmation link it takes me to a captcha.

The emails look like this when converted into a table:

Column1: Subject Line

Column2: Email sent to (xxx@gmail.com)

Column3: Welcome!

Column4: Hi and welcome to our site. We need you to verify the link.

http://www.randomlink.com/4309483948

Please let us know if you have any questions

You can find your username below

Username: randomUsername

Column5: random HTML

So I need to be able to:

1. Extract the email address in column #2

2. Extract the username from column #4

3. Click the verification link, which will then take me to a webpage where I need to enter a captcha to finalize verification.

Anyone have any suggestions on this?

I don't even know if this is possible with ubot. I have read up a little bit on extracting info from tables created from emails, but the best I could do was extract a column, not specific values within the column.

Thanks in advance,

Cnotey.

You should already have the email and username right? But if you don't for some reason you can try regex to get it: The first line is for the email and the second for the username.

\((.*)\)$
Username\:\s(.*)$

Then for the link scrape it out using a wildcard, set it to a variable then navigate it to.

• Like 1

set(#temp url, $find regular expression($table cell(&test, 0, 4), "([a-zA-Z0-9_-]\{2,\})@([a-zA-Z0-9_-]\{2,\})\\.([a-zA-Z0-9_-]\{2,\})"), "Global")

set(#temp url, $find regular expression($table cell(&test, 0, 4), "http://www.randomlink.com/[0-9]\{10,\}"), "Global")

• Like 1

You should already have the email and username right? But if you don't for some reason you can try regex to get it: The first line is for the email and the second for the username.

\((.*)\)$

Then for the link scrape it out using a wildcard, set it to a variable then navigate it to.

Well, I tried grabbing the username before it was submitted, but the table ended up all screwed up. I figure it's easier just to grab it out of the verification email.

You guys are awesome, I will plug this in and see if it works.

Hrm, doesn't seem to be working. Does it matter that I only have the standard version of ubot? Here is what I have for code:

http://i1199.photobucket.com/albums/aa477/Cnotey/ubotissue4.png

When you did it the first way were you getting Username: randomusername?

No, was getting (0) for the variable value. Thanks for the continued help man. It makes sense that I am doing something wrong with the syntax somewhere.

clear table(&test)
set table cell(&test, 0, 2, "Email sent to (xxx@gmail.com)")
set table cell(&test, 0, 4, "Hi and welcome to our site.  We need you to verify the link.
		    http://www.randomlink.com/4309483948
		    Please let us know if you have any questions
		    You can find your username below
		    Username: randomUsername")
set(#email address, $find regular expression($table cell(&test, 0, 2), "([a-zA-Z0-9_-]\{2,\})@([a-zA-Z0-9_-]\{2,\})\\.([a-zA-Z0-9_-]\{2,\})"), "Global")
set(#username, $replace($find regular expression($table cell(&test, 0, 4), "Username\\:\\s(.*)$"), "Username: ", $nothing), "Global")
set(#verification link, $find regular expression($table cell(&test, 0, 4), "http://www.randomlink.com/[0-9]\{10,\}"), "Global")

Then just use the variables as needed..

• Like 1

any luck?

Nope. Everyone keeps giving me the same answer too! Very frustrating, I swear I understand the directions correctly. Maybe standard version of ubot can't use regex?

in the search bar of standard

type find

to see if find regex shows up.

if it does then you have it, and im sure you do..

I gave exact code of what works in my last post. The everyone keeps giving the same answer, very frustrating''

The answers were giving is because the code is working.

why not give the exact table data and I can help you further more with yanking from the exact information that your getting

if you dont want to share publicly to get help then send me a private message

• Like 1

Wohoo, I solved the issue.

So I did a little research on Regex. My first experience with it. I found that the correct regex code to get what I needed was: Username:\s(.*)? not

Username\\:\\s(.*)$

However, I have no clue why the regex code I have in red above works.

Once again thank you so much for your help!!!!!! I never would have figured this out on my own. I am also happy you guys didn't completely give me the correct answer and made me figure it out on my own.

I think when you copy it out of Ubot you get the double slash like that. As for the $ vs the ? the $ indicates the end of the line which may have been a problem the ? means 0 or 1 of something. Anyways, glad you got it solved.

The double slash comes from the need to actually escape (using a slash) certain reserved symbols used by Regex itself.

So whenever you have the need to use such a reserved symbol as an actual symbol in the string, you need to escape it; hence the single slash becomes double slash.

For Regex that means you intended to really have a slash character there and not to instruct Regex through the means of its reserved symbol, to perform whatever the slash is supposed to do.

When you input your Regex using the Node view, Ubot will automatically escape some characters within the underlying code. When you switch to Code view, you will see the double slash, while in Node view it only shows a single slash.

However, IF you change the regex string in code view and eliminate a slash there, you will get an error and it won't function anymore.

Username:\s(.*)? not

TJ gave you the code he copy/pasted from his Code View (hence the double slash)

However, you have only the Standard License of UBot, which means you cannot use the Code View, but only the Node View, hence the single slash that you had to use instead.

• Like 1

Username:\s(.*)? not

I think when you copy it out of Ubot you get the double slash like that. As for the $ vs the ? the $ indicates the end of the line which may have been a problem the ? means 0 or 1 of something. Anyways, glad you got it solved.

So the regex string above basically instructs the Regex engine to start looking for a piece of text that contains the word

• Username:
    that you specified
    (pay attention that if the scraped page loses its capitalization or the : it won't work as you expect it)
  • followed by a space as you instructed it with the \s symbol
    (pay attention it will render any type of space of any length, such as a TAB, not only a blank character)
  • followed by ANYTHING
    (the dot symbol there . matches any single character except line break characters \r and \n )
  • of ANY length
    (the * symbol repeats the previous item zero or more times in a greedy fashion, so as many items as possible will be matched)

In regards to the ending alternatives:

• ? symbol makes the preceding item optional
    (so it may be something there, if found, or not at all if it doesn't exist) while on the other hand,
  • $ symbol matches at the end of the string the regex pattern is applied to.
    (that means if multiple instances would be present that fall within the regex's string match, only the one at the end of the line will be returned (matched) while the rest will be dropped)

HTH..

• Like 1