UBot Underground

Set Google to 100 Results?

OK so I created a sweet little bot (my second overall) that loops through a text file containing keywords and scrapes the Google results then saves them to a text file.

Works GREAT! Except the results are always limited to 10. I know I can go in and do it manually at http://www.google.com/preferences but every time my compiled bot launches it's back to 10. I can of course get the bot to click the checkbox to disable suggestions which allows you to move the slider to 100. But for the life of me I can't figure out how to get ubot to move the slider.

My ultimate goal is to have a bot I can set to run daily and have it go in and set it to 100 results then do its thing. Any suggestions.

EDIT: Thanks Kreatus. I guess I have to o something to add the fact that I have a license to my profile here but it's not exactly readily available information around here or in the welcome email...

In any case I can't download what you attached (I can't even reply to my own thread.) but I did figure a crude method out. I simply put a click command in a loop and selected the element "<style="width:6px">". Then I just clicked advanced, made sure it was set to Left Mouse Click and changed Click Using Location to YES. Ran the loop 5 times. It worked like a charm.

Edited by George

Hey Kreatus,

Thanks for the bot but it doesn't work for me, it freezes up when it gets to:

loop(5) {

click(<image="___IMAGE___0___IMAGE___">, "Left Click", "No")

}

Not sure if anyone else is having the same problem but I wanted to let you know.

http://ubotstudio.com/forum/public/style_emoticons/default/smile.gif

• Like 1
  • 1 month later...

I'm trying to get 100 results as well but the methods talked about here aren't working for me. Anyone have a current work around?

Edit: nm. When trying George's method I missed click using location "yes". Wow that is some impressive duct tape!! :lol:

I'm trying to get 100 results as well but the methods talked about here aren't working for me. Anyone have a current work around?

Edit: nm. When trying George's method I missed click using location "yes". Wow that is some impressive duct tape!! :lol:

Check this google scraper.ubot this should fix the problem from my last upload.

Your bot doesn't work. Gets shut down actually.

But's it's fine I'm doing George's work around.

HOWEVER

I can't for the life of me click the goddamn save button. Any ideas?

Ok. Well it is working perfectly on my side.

I'm having the same problem that the two posters above you had. When I copy your module and paste it into mine I get what they get: a frozen bot.

When I just run your bot as is it freezes.

When I try to examine the element to try to find this image module of yours, all i get to work with is: <class="goog-inline-block jfk-button jfk-button-action jfk-button-hover"> which does nothing.

At my wits end here over one stupid button.

I'm having the same problem that the two posters above you had. When I copy your module and paste it into mine I get what they get: a frozen bot.

When I just run your bot as is it freezes.

When I try to examine the element to try to find this image module of yours, all i get to work with is: <class="goog-inline-block jfk-button jfk-button-action jfk-button-hover"> which does nothing.

At my wits end here over one stupid button.

Not sure why it's freezing at your end but it is running normally on my computer.

Try this googlescraper.ubot

Alright, looks like I finally found a way to click it:

click(<outerhtml="<div role=\"button\" class=\"goog-inline-block jfk-button jfk-button-action\" tabindex=\"0\" style=\"-webkit-user-select: none; \">Save</div>">, "Left Click", "No")

Wasted a morning on it, but I win cause I figured it out. Right?...Right? :(

Edit: Kreatus...maybe it's something to do with your dev licences vs my standard? dunno. but thanks for trying.

Ahhh the google gods tease.

As you stated above it won't work in other countries.

So I guess I'll spend the rest of my day on this because I'm just too bullheaded to freakin stop.

(btw, your latest bot still has the same problem. I get that pop up from ubot telling me ubot has stopped working and must be closed. I think it probably is the different versions problem because that image module is foreign to me)

Anyways, I'm attaching the bot I have so far if anyone wants to take a gander at it.

help.ubot

Still the fundamental problem of not being able to scrape in other countries. Which is why Kreatus went with the image and why I would if I could.

Edit: I think maybe this time I got it by making my previous solution a wild card just taking out save. (I thought I had already done this but obviously not.) anyways tried it on a russian proxy and it worked just like on the us proxy. So fingers crossed.

Thanks for watching me ramble all day :D

• 10 months later...

Assuming I would be searching results in Google for the KeyWord "dog treats", I would get a SERP (Search Engine Results Page) URL that would seem to be quite complicated with lots of parameters, depending on user agent, language selected, etc...

HOWEVER, the important parameters to set the number of results per page, as well as what page exactly to appear are easy to set.

By default. Google would show the first page, with 10 organic results per page, numbered from 0 upto 9.

You could navigate to the corresponding search url like this:

By playing with the 'start' and 'num' parameters you can display ANYTHING you want...

Hope this helps you...

Assuming I would be searching results in Google for the KeyWord "dog treats", I would get a SERP (Search Engine Results Page) URL that would seem to be quite complicated with lots of parameters, depending on user agent, language selected, etc...

HOWEVER, the important parameters to set the number of results per page, as well as what page exactly to appear are easy to set.

By default. Google would show the first page, with 10 organic results per page, numbered from 0 upto 9.

You could navigate to the corresponding search url like this:

By playing with the 'start' and 'num' parameters you can display ANYTHING you want...

Hope this helps you...

I thought the same thing but I don't think this works in a new session try it in incognito mode and it wont work for example (to display the 100 results that is)

Well... I don't know why it doesn't work for you guys...  It works for me.

I am using Firefox, language set to English and 10 results / page (default) in the settings, but when I'm changing the num param to 100 it shows 100 results here... just as when I change to 2 (which is not even available as a value in settings) I get only 2 results.

Dunno why it doesn't work for you, but it works for me (and it worked so ever since I learnt the trick a couple or more years back)