UBot Underground

Is it possible now to send email through Gmail?

Thats not right - don't use "pop", use "smtp", because "pop" is for incoming mails and "smtp" for outgoing emails (what you need).

So:

- Server: smtp.gmail.com

- Port 465 OR 587

@Bobby

You will need to post an image of your screen. Because my version of "send email" node DOES NOT have a place for Ports.

Also, in the "connect to mail server" node there is a a Port setting BUT there is NOT an SMTP option.

So if you are using UBot to send mail through GMail you need to show us.

I spoke to Eddie about this very topic and he told me that the Node will have to be re-written to accomplish that task and still main the current working versions that people are using.

Hm... yeah, you'r right. Than maybe uBot 3.5 had this option?! I don't remember, because I don't use nowadays Gmail for sending emails with uBot.

@Gabor Olah: Than I would advise you to use another one (Yahoo, Hotmail, or whatever) OR you can let your bot "manually" logging in into the Gmail-Account and send from there the email, till this "send email" command gets improved.

And if you use this "manual"-email-sending with Gmail, than use it's mobile version: http://m.gmail.com , because mobile versions of websites are a lot better for ubot then the normal view.

Connect to server is only for incoming mail. send mail is for outgoing. Send mail does not currently support GMail (Just incoming at the moment).

John

• 2 weeks later...
  • 10 months later...