UBot Underground

Having trouble downloading csv file from AdWords keyword tool

Hi, I am wondering if other members had this same problem with Google Adwords keyword tool. I found downloading csv files very tricky.I am currently using Ubot 4 standard edition (without “scrape table†function), I tried to create a keyword research bot that can automatically download csv files, but the bot failed to download the file each and every time. I tried “save downloaded file†function, but the downloaded csv file is just a blank worksheet.I also found that downloading the csv file manually in Ubot’s browser had the same problem, all downloaded csv files are just empty. So, anyone knows a way to solve this problem? Some hints will be appreciated. It is so frustrating to see a bot walked all the way through perfectly but just got stuck in the last step of downloading.

*********************************Update*************************************

Attached is a simplified version of the script I am talking about, I am having trouble with the LAST step---downloading the file.

kw research example.ubot

Thanks a2mateit, finally, I can reply to this post, I've already uploaded the bot, could anyone with experience in adwords interface look into the bot and tells me which step is wrong, thanks a lot!

• 5 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I am creating such a bot using the latest version and am experiencing the self same problem - even when downloading the csv file from within the ubot browser it simply returns an empty file. The save downloaded file is being used but as per the other comments here its not working. Can anyone shed some light on why this is so?

Thanks.

ps - had to re-register my old acccount did not work!?

I actually emailed support regarding this issue and has pointed to them this thread stating many people are having this exact same problem.

This is what Lilly replied (BTW Ubot Team is #1 in responding to support emails :) )

--------------------------

Hi there,

The issue has been solved, and the solution will be in the next update.

It will be listed here once the release is ready: http://ubotstudio.com/forum/index.php?/topic/8535-what-is-team-ubot-working-on/page__view__findpost__p__45240

Lilly T.

UBot Support Team

--------------------------

This was emailed to me February 23rd. It is now 26th, and so I just emailed her again when they think the new release will be out...

I'll keep you guys posted and also let's keep visiting the url above to see the new updates in ubot :)

Hope this helps.

Kristine

Not to repeat what everyone else is saying in this thread but, yes, I'm having the same issue. BUT, here is my challenge (it may be one of those things that is so simple that no one has taken the time to explain and so it still alludes me)...

How the heck do you get Ubot to download the file in a sequential order once the button is pushed? After the "download" button is pushed it seems that Ubot is disabled because of the "Save As" pop up which exists on your PC rather than in Ubot. It would be really great if Ubot would make the "Save As" pop-up accessible for additional code such as a set variable that has been put into place and defined by the user before the "Save As" Pop-up shows up.

I hope there is something simple that I'm missing such as a way to intercept between the "download" button push and the "Save As" pop-up. OR, perhaps there is a different Option that does this that I'm not aware of?

Any sort of a link to a tutorial would be very helpful.

----------------------------------

In relation to the clicking of the final "download" button at aw.goog.com to obtain your .csv file It looks to me that google has made the process VERY tough purposely to stop robot automation. I've studied the code and it looks like they have hidden the url of the downloadable .csv file as an attribute of a .gif image which is located at an invisible minus location within the pop-up window. The ".gif" holds the url wich is MASSIVELY encrypted to insanity and pings their server to give the answer of the url location for the .csv file which is inside the session cookie of your browser visit.

Also, if you just click one part of the button itself it will produce nothing because the ENTIRE button (and the code that goes with it) clicked at one time is actually activating multiple attributes to even start the process of obtaining the url of the .csv file.

In addition, if ubot's browser isn't holding the session cookie properly then it would never give the exact .csv file name given to the user via the encrypted session information by google.

Sorry, that may be a really deep or a really stupid answer, lol

Anyways, does anyone know how to click the "download" button and download the file at the same time?

Thanks a bunch!

Hi, I am wondering if other members had this same problem with Google Adwords keyword tool. I found downloading csv files very tricky.I am currently using Ubot 4 standard edition (without “scrape table†function), I tried to create a keyword research bot that can automatically download csv files, but the bot failed to download the file each and every time. I tried “save downloaded file†function, but the downloaded csv file is just a blank worksheet.I also found that downloading the csv file manually in Ubot’s browser had the same problem, all downloaded csv files are just empty. So, anyone knows a way to solve this problem? Some hints will be appreciated. It is so frustrating to see a bot walked all the way through perfectly but just got stuck in the last step of downloading.

*********************************Update*************************************

Attached is a simplified version of the script I am talking about, I am having trouble with the LAST step---downloading the file.

Edited by WhooBoto
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

Is this issue resolved? I dont have the update option enabled, have to paid, cant download any files using Ubot, just getting empty files here.

I really need this one for many projects Im working on now, and I dont want to pay for updates if there isnt one for this issue in particular.

I would love to pay for features updates, dont know why we have to pay for broken software updates :S

Is there any progress on this? This is the whole reason that I bought Ubot. I want to scrape the Google Keyword Tool.

• 1 year later...

Hey Guys.

Adwords recently made some changes, so new tool is not called "Keyword Tool" but rather "Keyword Planner", so it would be better if you would open a new topic....

However, I've posted a working example for downloading CSV from KP here: http://www.ubotstudio.com/forum/index.php?/topic/14917-how-to-download-csv-from-adwords-keyword-planner/