UBot Underground

Tips on confirming email through gmail?

Anyone have any tips on how to recognize a certain email in gmail to confirm an account? The issue I am having is google isnt letting me drag the email that I want to confirm into ubot and is just navigating into the email itself.

You will be able to do this automatically on the next update (when email commands support POP3 with SSL). I would hang tight because this is already a function of the email commands and way easier than anything else you can code yourself.

John

Ok well the bot I am trying to create will take my gmail info, create a wordpress account, confirm, login to wordpress and post information on the account. What do you suggest I do with the bot in the mean time?

How long until the next update? days, weeks?

Well you can still do now...just get the title of the email it sends and have the bot click on it. you can then either click the confirmation link or scrape it and navigate to it.

John

Right. you'll first want to add some code to log in to Google, and click on the mail link (to get you into the email). So you will use a navigate command, fill two input fields (email and password), click the login button and then click the mail link.

Let us know when you've Made it that far, or if you need help with any of that.

John

Right. you'll first want to add some code to log in to Google, and click on the mail link (to get you into the email). So you will use a navigate command, fill two input fields (email and password), click the login button and then click the mail link.

Let us know when you've Made it that far, or if you need help with any of that.

John

Im needing help with something similar and can follow along from this point. I have my gmail account set up and bot programmed to log me in. Now, finding specific text on the page will help me out.

http://content.screencast.com/users/koconnor00/folders/Jing/media/aa48f5b0-727b-4905-820e-1b529c256d05/2011-12-17_1052.png

This is the layout of my gmail. What I want is for the bot to find the text "Woohoo! You've read all the messages in your inbox." and then it will log out (I have the logout routine sorted).

I tried scrape attribute but dont know what attribute to select.

<div class="qd">Woohoo! You've read all the messages in your inbox.</div>

If there is a new email in that account, the Woohoo! wont be there so that's how I am looking for new mail.

Thanks in advance for the help,

BNB

I'm not sure what you are referring to. I am talking about being able to use the email commands with a gmail account. You cannot connect to the gmail server if you do not enable pop in your gmail account settings (you have to log in to your gmail account, go into the settings and enable pop).

John