UBot Underground

Someone randomly posted this in one of my threads, yet I don't see anything in the news section. After some digging I found this on the ubot blog (which I never see normally) http://ubotstudio.com/blog/2011/09/13/ubot-4-0-is-out/ <--That's not much info.

So here's my deal. I've been listening to ubot 4 ubot 4 ubot 4 for like 6 months now. Never knowing if everyone's doing it and I'm missing out or if it's still pretty betaish and it's best I wait until the bugs are sorted out.

So my question is:

1) For the most part, are the bugs sorted out?

2) Where the hell are the tutorials?

3) If I update to ubot 4 what happens to all my really important 3.5 bots that run all day long? (<---**Most important question)

If this has all been covered somewhere, recently, please point me to the right place. As of this moment the disconnect around here is disconcerting.

For the most part.

The tutorials are on the original site (or google "seth turin vimeo" for a direct access to the account) and on learnubot.com (some more advanced ones), some can be found here in the scripting subforum.

You can run both at the same time (one doesn't overwrite the other in any way)

Remember - one isn't compatible with the other yet, the converter is in development :)

• Like 1

I think the main bugs are worked out, well all the ones that effected me. There are a few features that need to be added in, but I think now is a good time to jump in. Your 3.5 bots will continue to run just fine, and 3.5 coexists with 4.0.

Someone randomly posted this in one of my threads, yet I don't see anything in the news section. After some digging I found this on the ubot blog (which I never see normally) http://ubotstudio.co...bot-4-0-is-out/ <--That's not much info.

So here's my deal. I've been listening to ubot 4 ubot 4 ubot 4 for like 6 months now. Never knowing if everyone's doing it and I'm missing out or if it's still pretty betaish and it's best I wait until the bugs are sorted out.

So my question is:

1) For the most part, are the bugs sorted out?

2) Where the hell are the tutorials?

3) If I update to ubot 4 what happens to all my really important 3.5 bots that run all day long? (<---**Most important question)

If this has all been covered somewhere, recently, please point me to the right place. As of this moment the disconnect around here is disconcerting.

I use v4 a lot, but it really isn't ready for prime time. It is getting closer, but every bot I have worked on I have run into multiple bugs. Anything serious, I'd stick with v3, I hate to recommend that as the code isn't cross compatible and I'd rather put effort into learning and using the new v4 environment but I just wouldn't use v4 for something you really need to be stable and frustration free.

That being said, v4 is a HUGE improvement from v3, once it is stable it should be a big improvement over v3.

• Like 2
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...