UBot Underground

Grab latest forum post

I am trying to make a bot that logs into a forum, and goes to a specific forum and grabs the latest post. This will be run daily.

I just bought UBot today, so I am fairly new at this, but I managed to get it to login, and select the appropriate forum. I am not quite sure how to have it open the latest post, and grab the text. It happens to be a site that has a subscription for private proxies, so I opt to just grab anything that has . . . . : notation. (still need to figure that out, but suspect it is doable).

They do not show "post date" in the list, only "last post" which may be off if someone comments late. I thought maybe using current date to find the latest post, but that makes it more difficult and the that only gives me the line not the clickable link.

There are a few sticky posts I don't want to pick up either, these are above the latest post.

It uses ProBoards.com and not something like vBulletin where you can do an rss / email subscribe.

It would help to see the site as to get ideas on how to approach the problem. Typically, using innertext is the best way. You can also use the persons ID and maybe look at their most recent post.

• 4 weeks later...

It would help to see the site as to get ideas on how to approach the problem. Typically, using innertext is the best way. You can also use the persons ID and maybe look at their most recent post.

I ended up navigating to the search page, unchecking all forums but the forum I was interested in. Then setting the "search within" to 12 hours and 0 days. Then I have it run that search. I then scrape the page for the data I want. Works good.