UBot Underground

Bot Doesn't Work On Another Computer

Hi, my problem is this. I created a bot that post to blogs and it works fine on my main computer.The problem is when I compile it and run it on my secondary computer it is not filling out the form on the blogs. Basically I used the add to list function and list from file functions and created a folder that contained the various list that the bot uses. I figured all I needed to do was simply transfer those files and folders to my secondary computer and the bot would work. Boy was I wrong. I thought it would work simply because the folder name that contained the list remained the same and the location of the folder(the desktop) was the same as it was on my main computer.

Any solutions?

Does it work compiled on your system? Or in the studio software? Are you running it compiled on the 2nd computer?

Once I develop a bot I then start compiling it and it getting it to work on my system. Once it is working I then try another computer.

The bot works on my main computer via the studio software and the compiled version. My secondary computer has windows xp. I agree with @zap that is probably a file path problem. So how do I fix the bot so that it runs on the second computer or any computer?

Like I said before Basically I used the add to list function and list from file functions and created a folder that contained the various list that the bot uses. I figured all I needed to do was simply transfer those files and folders to my secondary computer and the bot would work and I was wrong.

I would highly appreciate it if someone would give me an example of a code that will allow the script to run regardless of where the list files which are in a specific folder are located.

Thanks

you can do this a few ways.

1. Have a UI element to open the text files 1 by 1

2. Have it specify a certain folder (stored in the area you like) for opening the files. More common is documents, or desktop. I like using the desktop myself.

Which way would you like to use?

I will modify your bot now.

TJ

I also have to ask what are you adding to a list(s) over and over again?

Should be able to call the list at the beginning of the bot, from txt files for content and thats it. you dont have to recreate the lists after each blog.

This would cut down on a lot of un-needed nodes being used and make it work more efficiently.

TJ

LoWrldErTJ I would like to use the desktop. In response to your question "I also have to ask what are you adding to a list(s) over and over again?" My answer is because I am noobie lol so that's why I seek guidance from those who know.

I have several list so how do I call the list at the beginning of the bot as you suggested?

Thanks in advance