UBot Underground

double quotes in a table cell

I have been working on a bot that automates something I do in excel.

This is not an issue just with ubot as excel does this too (when saved as a csv)...

I have a table with all sorts of stuff including some cells with java and php code.

The code has some comas and I needed pipe output anyway so I set it to use pipes.

I need the text pipe output to use with another script.

When the table is saved to a file all of the script code gets surrounds by double quotes.

<script type="text/javascript"> ...

becomes this

|"<script type=""text/javascript""> ... "|

This doesnt happen to any of the other text cells, only the ones that have double quotes in them to begin with.

Anyone know how to get around this? Or is this something that will always happen with tables?

Thanks

This is because it is trying to save it as a CSV file, and according to the rules of CSV files, you have to escape your quotation marks. Excel and UBot and anything else that can read CSV files should be able to load these files back in just fine.

Let me know if this isn't true for you.

While what you are attempting is possible it will come at a price. Like a significant logistical process to watch your use of double quotes. Commas will be affected as well not to mention surprises that may pop up.

From what you are describing using Excel. I hope you know that good ole Microsoft embeds codes within text that cause all sorts of issues even though you may be using text. You cannot see these characters but trust me they are there.

escaping the data entered in the cell didnt solve the problem.

I got around the issue by using a list and just using one large add.

Tables is much easier and "prettier" but it just wasn't working.

Thanks