UBot Underground

bot crash scraping "next page"

Avoid having "run sub" that will be called several times inside another sub or loop. The sub placeholder will continue to expand and then crash. Please refer to this thread http://ubotstudio.com/forum/index.php?/topic/6287-another-run-sub-bug/

After looking might want to Loop the sub instead.

as it is right now looks like you have it do something from run sub. at the end of that sub call another that then repeats the beginning steps.

This could all be done through a loop which i think would work more efficiently.

Check this consu3.ubot I just removed a few run subs.

thank you with the hint but "next page" is clicked just one time (instead of looping looking for "next page" again) with the subs removed.

im also trying to reduce the number of sub but how??

thank you with the hint but "next page" is clicked just one time (instead of looping looking for "next page" again) with the subs removed.

im also trying to reduce the number of sub but how??

It seems like the version is also not scraping anything either.. I'll have a look into it. ;)

Praney

works perfect, i could have never figure out this alone, thank you!

I am trying to understand how "while" is used as this first example i see it in action.

one question, is the 3rd/last "scrape n save" necessary in sub:get item?

many thanks!!

works perfect, i could have never figure out this alone, thank you!

I am trying to understand how "while" is used as this first example i see it in action.

one question, is the 3rd/last "scrape n save" necessary in sub:get item?

many thanks!!

Well is not important if you don't want to scrape urls of the listings, you can remove it or change it to whatever you like.

Cheers!

Praney

Just out of curiosity, to all of you that helped in this thread...did the original bot crash your dev tool? It crashed mine immediately.

John

Just out of curiosity, to all of you that helped in this thread...did the original bot crash your dev tool? It crashed mine immediately.

John

John it didn't crash mine. I ran the script with no issues, except one error of course it was to do with saving file, because of wrong path.

Apart from that it wasn't scraping nothing and thats all. No crashes.

Praney