UBot Underground

Quick Javascript string question

I created a ubot that scrapes keywords out of the latest Google keyword tool. Sometimes a scraped word will be in bold and I want to get rid of the <B> and </B> tags with one javascript .replace expression. Right now I'm doing it with two:

http://img62.imageshack.us/img62/9205/strip.png

It works, but how do I simplify it so I have the eval only running once. I'm sure you can do it, I just don't know the syntax to combine two choices.

Something like this?

'{1}'.replace(/<B>+<.B>/, '');

I think you are okay. Jamming it into one node will not gain you much. AFterall, you're splitting hairs at that point.

I use $replace instead of the javascript. Not that it matters but its another available path.

Can you replace BOTH <B> and </B> at the same time? Or do you have to do two passes at it? I don't have that many hairs left (on my head) at this point. :-)

Can you replace BOTH <B> and </B> at the same time? Or do you have to do two passes at it? I don't have that many hairs left (on my head) at this point. :-)

Yes you can just nest the replace function in one another , and bingo.. ;)