UBot Underground

Two column list

I have tried to create a script that loads a csv into a table, creates a list and UI, then populates that UI with the contents of that list, but I keep getting the following error:

"There was an error loading the bot. Some data may be missing, but we have loaded as much as we could. Please check your work."

Then it deletes a node. Odd!

My script is:

1. create table from file

2. add to list

3. ui list box

Where do you think I'm going wrong?

I have tried to create a script that loads a csv into a table, creates a list and UI, then populates that UI with the contents of that list, but I keep getting the following error:

"There was an error loading the bot. Some data may be missing, but we have loaded as much as we could. Please check your work."

Then it deletes a node. Odd!

My script is:

1. create table from file

2. add to list

3. ui list box

Where do you think I'm going wrong?

Hmmm...I see what you're talking about. I'm going to have Seth take a look at it, see how much easier we can have the UI list box interact with lists and tables.

the problem here is that ui elements have to be set up before the script is ever run, whereas lists don't get created until after the script is run. the only way to use ui list boxes is to set the values manually.

• 3 weeks later...

I want to create a two column list. Can I do that displaying two columns?

Also, If I select one of the list items in column one, I want to populate a field with the corresponding item in column two. Any ideas on how I might do this?

Thanks,

Jon

Hey mate, I came across your question after trying the same thing.

After many hours of beating my head against the wall, the way I managed to create a 30 row, 2 column CVS file was to load all the scraped data into separate lists (exported to files for debugging/testing purposes) and then creating a looped sub that takes position X+1 from each list, and inserts it into a table at the same position. Just make sure you give each list its own column (0,1,2..etc).

You can see my first script attached.

Adams Yellowpages Scraper.ubot