UBot Underground

Why does "wait finish" won't work all the time"?

For fast loading website, it is not a problem. However, whenever a page takes more than a couple of seconds to load, the "wait finish" node does not wait as it is supposed to (with 30 second timeout) but would move to the next node before the page is loaded. As a result an error is generated. This happens on several websites which are rather slow. So I am forced to used long delay nodes which does not make my bots very efficient.

As a general note, I would like to say that imacros handles this websites fine. It will wait until the page is not loaded no matter how long it takes the page to load.

Am I doing something wrong? or a bug?

When using the navigate command, are you setting the 'wait' to Yes?

If this isn't working, set it to 'No', then add a wait finish (and possible a small delay if required).

Alternatively, try using the 'wait for' command; so that you wait for a specific piece of known text on the site, before continuing.

• Like 1

iglow,

The site mentioned in that thread freezes FF and IE, and the only way to exit is to kill the browsers. That is different from what the OP is describing; (s)he's implying that (s)he can workaround the problem of sites that may take a long time to load, by putting in long delays.

• Like 1

Wow, am I glad that this has been documented.

Despite my efforts I have been working on a bot where WAIT FINISH just isn't working. Even if I set the wait finish timeout to 250, it just keeps running over the command.

As this is intermittant, my guess is the following, that the server of the site somehow sends a complete command twice and ubot just thinks it has finished so moves on.

If I use the wait for command, it gets complicated because I then have to make sure every follow up message is covered.

Just noticed this now.

Worked on a test in parallel to this message.....

IGLOW: Seems that you might be able to solve this if you put in two wait finishes. Just tried it on the site that was causing me problems and it worked fine.

ninjaman.

I've encountered this as well. Basically what seems to be occurring is that the web page gives an all done loading but it basically hasn't javascript running in ajax is one of the culprits. I may be wrong on this but the second wait finish or using a wait until something shows up on the page or a delay seems to be the answer.

Frank

I've encountered this as well. Basically what seems to be occurring is that the web page gives an all done loading but it basically hasn't javascript running in ajax is one of the culprits. I may be wrong on this but the second wait finish or using a wait until something shows up on the page or a delay seems to be the answer.

Frank

Hmm okay. So do I use "wait finish" follow by a "delay" or a "delay" first then "wait finish" after the navigation?

:)

Hmm okay. So do I use "wait finish" follow by a "delay" or a "delay" first then "wait finish" after the navigation?

:)

I just used two wait finishes, but will know in the days ahead whether it was effective or not.

• 3 weeks later...

I tried to use both two wait finish as well the wait for (that it is not listed in the left list of commands as it should). I have always problems. There are some sites that sometimes work very fast and other times take a lot of time to load. I think slow response from the side of a site is one of the biggest problems in making ubot working properly. Does exist some other simple option to solve this issue?

I give a suggestion: a simple answer would be if the developers of this program instead of making the program proceed after a "wait for" not verified would make appear a message saying: You have already waited all the allotted time for the server response, do you want to wait further?

In this way the bot would rather pause instead of crash.

It is true that this kind of answer can already been programmed in ubot, but due to the frequency of the problem it would be good if it would been imbedded in a command