UBot Underground

[Library] Log File

Hi guys,

I have put together a library which I think you might find useful. It allows you to create log files for your uBots. Here are the features: -

* Date & Time recorded when the log starts

* Date & Time recorded per log entry

* Create different sections within the log (Great for seperating different actions within the bot)

* Display the log file to the user (either at the end or just call the 'display' function anytime you want to show the log (great way to show each step of your bot)

* The log can be as detailed as you want it. Just show a summary at the end or log every thing thats happening!

Here is a screenshot of the output of a small proxy bot I was playing with: -

post-555-12818678257674_thumb.jpg

Here is a breif description of the functions: -

start - Must be called first, creates the log file and adds start time & date

header - Creates a new section with the log file. Just provide the title of the section

write - Writes a new log entry. This can be anything and as detailed as you wish

display - Displays the log file within the browser window. Can be called any time to show progress or at the end

stop - Closes the log file and and adds time & date when finished

This is version 1.0. Please let me know if there are any bugs. My next version will allow you to output the log to html on the fly.

Here is the library: -

ulib_logfile.ubot

• Like 2

hi TheBigWebBot

shouldn't this have a save to file in every sub after add to list or the log file doesn't get written untill the end of the bot which means if there is a problem running the bot the log file will not get written unless i have missed something

Pftg4

hi TheBigWebBot

shouldn't this have a save to file in every sub after add to list or the log file doesn't get written untill the end of the bot which means if there is a problem running the bot the log file will not get written unless i have missed something

Pftg4

Hi, thanks for the comment! Thats probably a good idea! Just made the changes and updated the library. :)