UBot Underground

[Black Hat Tool] Generate Hits or Click Links

I'm not a lawyer, nor do I play one on TV, but good luck proving it... http://ubotstudio.com/forum/public/style_emoticons/default/tongue.gif

Probably a lot would depends on the terms of the contract or deal as well.

I imagine in the UK this would be come up Civil law rather than Criminal, but probably a very grey area.

Many sites have conditions in the TOS for click fraud too, in most case you will just get banned and won't actually earn anything or any money.

I guess where its of most benefit is from sites/listing that rank sites based on popularity, clicks etc.

Everything you make can be made for good or bad reasons, its all down to how its used.

I have a bot the simulates visits to a website and its gone down a storm - people could use that for any set of reasons, whether that is just bumping up stats before they sell a site (misrepresentation?), or to dilute a CTR on an ad network.

Other people here make bots to create hotmail accounts - what honest use is there to have thousands of hotmail accounts?

Okay you could split them up to sell to people and then those people go spamming some malware links around - is that your fault because you created the bot?

6 of one and half dozen of the other - if people want to use something in the wrong way they will, its not up to any one individual to say whether its a good or bad thing.

Just my 2p

• 2 months later...