UBot Underground

STEAL - Google Datacenter Validator

Well my first bot was going to be the tutorial keyword bot, but as soon as I ran it I ran into the same problem as talked about here:

http://ubotstudio.com/forum/index.php?/topic/2308-problems-with-keyword-tutorial/page__hl__tutorial%20problem__fromsearch__1

SO I decided my first bot would be a solution to this. I made a bot that will go through the list of datacenter IPs at GOOGLE found here: http://www.seocritiq...datacentertool/ and use a web service to ping them. The ones that are valid are added to a list called $validdcs

You should be able to call this script before you do a bunch of queries to Google and set a variable from the list which would be a random list item, go to Google and input your query. You could loop and choose a new datacenter every X times.

I thought I would use it to make the keyword tutorial work, but then I decided that it really was something I should share. I figure if I can share tidbits like this I will get help more often because by no means am I great with this yet... That being said the program must be pretty easy to use because I just wrote a script that will go through a bunch of datacenter ips and find the valid ones right?

NOTE: You probably want to reduce the size of the dclist.txt to fewer IPS or the script will take all day finding valid ones. Usually 10-20 will be fine I would think, if you are doing a BUNCH of Google queries then you might run this at the beginning of your script to ensure no problems with Google saying you are using a bot.

You can download the source and the datacenter IP list in ZIP format here:

http://www.backofficeincatch.com/ubot/datacenterping.zip

It worked for me, but if you have problems let me know and I will try to update it... on to bigger and better things!

Bsweet=)

• Like 1

It worked for me, but if you have problems let me know and I will try to update it... on to bigger and better things!

Bsweet=)

Nice concept and thanks for the share. I've been putting delays in but that slows things down sooo much it gets really irritating. This is a much better way to do it.

TJ

Well the speed on this one isn't what I prefer, but since you have to do everything in a browser I think it is the best workaround. I didn't want a script that would switch datacenters and possibly switch to one that didn't work, I am all about error proofing. Glad you can use it!

Nice idea to get around the dreaded 'you are a bot' message from Google.

However, when the script "search page" searches for '0% packet loss' then it will still find this when there is '100% packet loss'!!!

I have amended the search to ', 0% packet loss,' and tested with two IP addresses, one reachable and one not and I get to the reachable one all of the time!

Just shows how careful you have to be with your selections.

I thought that it might also be interesting to play with the logic flow a little - I might try the following:

Load list of IPs -> clear valid ips -> while count of valid IPs is less than say 2 then loop for say up to 100 times

-> pick random IP and test it -> keep looping until we have say two reachable IPs -> Pick one of them -> go there!

That's what so much fun with UBot, lots of different logics to get to the same place.