UBot Underground

What can Ubot do to help me out?

Hello everyone, stumbled on this place after a good read on BHW from crazyfix and his success with Ubot

I love automation, prob a bit too much so I spend a lot of money monthly on assistants to handle my work for me, however after reading about ubot I am starting to think it can handle some of those tasks and I am contemplating purchasing this fine program

Sorry for the long first post, just trying to make sure this is what I think it is and to get my head to stop spinning from all these ideas

A few question so I can make sure I am clear on what ubot can and can't do in regards to the items that currently take up the most of my day or my VA's day:

1) Can ubot sign into a bank acct (online banking) and copy the daily transactions into a non web based program like Quicken if it is on my desktop or can ubot only deal with web related programs?

2) I deal with a lot of real estate listings, pretty much all website related: Once I enter my first listing on my first website, could I teach Ubot to then go and update the listing info on Facebook, Twitter, post it on Craiglist and post it on a few other websites?

3) Could I teach Ubot to go into Craigslist, rotating through 15-20 diff gmail accts, to email real estate listings on Craigslist that pertain to certain keyword criteria? For example, do NOT email if in the ad the words, real estate agent, property manager, apartment complex is in there and it is under a certain dollar amount (Under $1,000/month) ?

4) I saw a pretty nice tool from Aaron Nimocks that would take an ezine article (or any other web based article) and place it in your blog, so I was wondering if I could take that artcile, throw it into a web based content spinning, spin the article, add my backlinks and deeplinks? Would be pretty nice little feature!

5) Lastly, can Ubot take pictures off of my desktop and place them online or no since it would then be dealing with non webbased programs? If so, I guess I could mass upload them to a place like photobucket then it could handle the project of taking those pics, placing a watermark on them and uploading them to various websites/forums to drive traffic?

Would appreciate any feedback, I am not a programmer or have the slightest idea on how to program but I have a ton of ideas, just trying to wrap my head around how this can benefit me

Thanks!

1) Can ubot sign into a bank acct (online banking) and copy the daily transactions into a non web based program like Quicken if it is on my desktop or can ubot only deal with web related programs?

If quicken can read a .CSV then yes

2) I deal with a lot of real estate listings, pretty much all website related: Once I enter my first listing on my first website, could I teach Ubot to then go and update the listing info on Facebook, Twitter, post it on Craiglist and post it on a few other websites?

Yes

3) Could I teach Ubot to go into Craigslist, rotating through 15-20 diff gmail accts, to email real estate listings on Craigslist that pertain to certain keyword criteria? For example, do NOT email if in the ad the words, real estate agent, property manager, apartment complex is in there and it is under a certain dollar amount (Under $1,000/month) ?

Yes

4) I saw a pretty nice tool from Aaron Nimocks that would take an ezine article (or any other web based article) and place it in your blog, so I was wondering if I could take that artcile, throw it into a web based content spinning, spin the article, add my backlinks and deeplinks? Would be pretty nice little feature!

Yes, and thanks :)

5) Lastly, can Ubot take pictures off of my desktop and place them online or no since it would then be dealing with non webbased programs? If so, I guess I could mass upload them to a place like photobucket then it could handle the project of taking those pics, placing a watermark on them and uploading them to various websites/forums to drive traffic?

Yes, just would need to make a list of all the pictures and put in txt file

Yes, just would need to make a list of all the pictures and put in txt file

And here's an easy way to do it in command line or a .bat file!

dir /b *.jpg > photos.txt

This will make a list of every .jpg file and put it in photos.txt ;)

• Like 1

Thank you for the fast reply

Now taking into granted that I know NOTHING about programming, writing scripts, php, VB, etc, how difficult would it be for me to learn Ubot to the point to where I could handle those above items I mentioned?

Cause when you starting talking dir/b*.jpg>photos.txt I honestly get a bit lost

Thanks again

Now taking into granted that I know NOTHING about programming, writing scripts, php, VB, etc, how difficult would it be for me to learn Ubot to the point to where I could handle those above items I mentioned?

Thanks again

You don't need to know much about what Jim talks about. He is over my head most the time with all the javascript that you don't really need to know.

No offense Jim! :)

I would just take a look at the tutorials here

http://ubotstudio.com/tutorials.aspx

http://www.ubottutorials.com/category/tutorials

and see if you can understand it. Theres been quite a few people that bought it with no programming experience and caught on very quick.

Thanks again

I probably know less than you about programming and reading your list I already started mentally outlining how I would do it with ubot. However I've been using and creating scripts with ubot everyday since I bought it...which was about 2-3 months ago. It just depends on how tenacious you are about making those bots. It was the first few bots that were so painful for me (yet surprisingly fun) once I got into the flow of it I got better and faster. Plus all my bots are stacking up to be great reference bots too. Like I'll think ooo I need to do that thing here that I did in that one account creator bot and I'll go snag that code (or I guess it's not code...node?) so here's my advice DON'T just try to tackle these bots right away...ease into it with some simple bots, otherwise you'll get to frustrated/overwhelmed. I picked a few "fun bots" (Nevele calls them LOLBots) to start out with that had nothing to do with my business because if I couldn't figure them out completely, who cares? Once you have a few of those under your belt then pick one of those projects you mentioned and just work on parts of it until eventually all the parts make a whole bot. Make sure you're constantly cloning your work (cloning the part of the bots that do work when you're experimenting with a part you won't know will work) and come here often to post your Ohnoes! issues :D

You don't need to know much about what Jim talks about. He is over my head most the time with all the javascript that you don't really need to know.

No offense Jim! :)

Haha. I'm here to take care of the crazy javascript & stuff. No need to understand it as long as you can make use my code ;)

Anyway, as long as you're willing to spend a little time watching and reading a few tutorials and have a little bit of HTML experience, you'll be able to start coding your own bots in ubot in no time. Once you're situated with the basics (which isn't all that hard to begin with), the learning curve gets easier. And if you run into any problems or can't figure out how to do something, the forum is always here to provide you with support and guidance. :)

Thanks everyone, will purchase soon and starting trying it out, looking forward to it

If you got anymore questions before you buy it let me know. I know I was a little hesitant before I did, but now I am glad I did. :)

Thanks again

dir /b *.jpg > photos.txt is just a time saving trick. It has nothing to do with Ubot, and you wouldn't need to know anything like this to be able to use Ubot (I don't and I've made plenty of bots).

• 1 month later...

Hello All!

I just stumbled across this product and joined the forum. While reading through this thread, I started wondering if it's possible to automate tasks that involve programs installed on my desktop and not just web based tasks? I haven't bought yet, but if Ubot can do this I think I'd be sold. I appreciate any informed input.

Ridder

Hello All!

I just stumbled across this product and joined the forum. While reading through this thread, I started wondering if it's possible to automate tasks that involve programs installed on my desktop and not just web based tasks? I haven't bought yet, but if Ubot can do this I think I'd be sold. I appreciate any informed input.

Ridder

Hey,

You can use shell-commands and autoplay-features of some softwares (I know for a fact that people is using CCleaner to remove flashcookies with shell-command and autoplay features). But no, you can't really automate tasks in the windows enviroment. UBot Studio does only support browser automation.

Hey,

You can use shell-commands and autoplay-features of some softwares (I know for a fact that people is using CCleaner to remove flashcookies with shell-command and autoplay features). But no, you can't really automate tasks in the windows enviroment. UBot Studio does only support browser automation.

Wouldn't it be simple enough to add a macro recording feature to Ubot?