UBot Underground

Free Yellow Pages Scraper

Wow thats odd.

I will have to look to see if it stores the data (which it should) and see why. The only thing I can think of is the excel cell properties are set to not display it. Would need to change the cells to text in order to show that.

I don't know exactly what changed. But I changed it so that it will work. :)

You will miss some of the results because of it, but it will work even if they do some changes.

So I am guessing it works for ya?

Thats the only way I know how to do it.

I looked for about an hour on how to do it while creating the CSV.

Its possible to do "=03432" but if someone was to use the data I think the = sign would get copied out.

• 3 weeks later...

Hey Arron,

So let me get this straight. You make an exclusive sale a product for $2500 to scrape the yellow pages and the website, then you create the same product and give it away on another website.

Way to go SHIPMATE!

I even bought this product via your link, because I THOUGHT you were a good guy.

Do the right thing and take it down, now.

Hey Arron,

So let me get this straight. You make an exclusive sale a product for $2500 to scrape the yellow pages and the website, then you create the same product and give it away on another website.

Way to go SHIPMATE!

I even bought this product via your link, because I THOUGHT you were a good guy.

Do the right thing and take it down, now.

I really don't know what you are talking about unless you are the person I sold ypscraper.com to 3 years ago!

What I sold was a website and a PHP/MYSQL script, nothing to do with UBot Software. What I am giving away is not even close to being the same as the other product.

Sorry, I wont take it down either.

I really don't know what you are talking about unless you are the person I sold ypscraper.com to 3 years ago!

What I sold was a website and a PHP/MYSQL script, nothing to do with UBot Software. What I am giving away is not even close to being the same as the other product.

Sorry, I wont take it down either.

No, I'm the guy you sold it to in November 2008. Would you like me to send you the PayPal receipt?

"What I am giving away is not even close to being the same as the other product." Really, You think that my sales stopping and your free scraper being on page #1 for "Yellow Page Scraper" has absolutely nothing to do with each other?

I can show you proof, no problem.

As long as people understand this is how you do business. You could have written a hundred different bots, instead you decided to kill sales at my website that you sold to me for $2,500.00US.

I will make this offer.

I will give you a replacement bot and training video for you to take down the scraper.

You have nothing to loose.

Ubot Guy

I really don't want to get in the middle of this but anybody with ubot can make the same program so if it was not Aaron it would be me or somebody else. I am really sorry about your sales but I would try to find a way to take advantage of ubot. I have several sites that were making good money but then something changed and then they went to nothing. I do not know Aaron but he has spent alot of time trying to help people on this forum so I thought I would would put my 2 cents in. I wish you the best of luck.

UBot_Guy -- is the product that you are selling has a "Powered by UBot" line in it? If it is, then it has been made with UBot Studio. If no, please take your discussions off the forum and discuss it off here as we are not really involved in this issue. And as ecramer said - if it was not Aaron, someone else would.

I see the only reason to take it off if it a pirated version of your script. If it is not, then it is simply an improvement and can be released in market... just as WordPress was a better version of B2Evolution. Solution? Make your own product better.

Competition is always there. The best way to solve is to keep improving your own software till it is better than others.

Wow... 2 years?? It might as well be 200 in this day and age for software. You're lucky to get 6 month before someone takes you out. You've got to continually improve your product or someone else will. Adapt or die.

I don't know but the smart play to me would have been- "Hey Aaron, you think you can make me an even better product with this Ubot thing?"

I bet Aaron would have cooked you up something real nice and worked you a good deal. You'd have a new product to sell and maybe a bunch of Ubot commissions to go long with it. Aaron is obviously a very talented guy and it's silly to think he's not going to keep being successful in what he does.

I took down the .exe on the site just to be nice. Really don't see why I would even be asked to do such a thing but I did anyways since the purpose of making the bot was for educational purposes for UBot customers and not to take food off of anyone's table.

The UBot file will remain up there for free.

This discussion was about ethics, not about competition. If the Ubot community has none, then you are right it is in the wrong place.

Let me know and I will get a refund and leave. Your call.

Arron has decided to find a compromise and I thank him for that.

Nothing more.

Talking of ethics... I am not sure if it is very ethical on your end to try and force Aaron into being non competitive with you over something he sold 2 YEARS AGO. And even such long non-compete agreements don't hold up as legally binding in courts - because, simply, they are unfair and unjustified.

Pardon me for repeating myself.

It was 1 year and 2 months.

And, Yes I know what the courts can and can't do. They do up hold non-compete agreements.

Also for the record, I'm not forcing him to do anything. I even offered to give him a replacement bot with a video, again please pardon me for having to repeat myself.

Try getting your facts straight before dispensing further legal advice.

I hope this product works better than your J.D..

Since, I have your attention, can you switch my account to customer status. Thanks!

• 1 year later...

Hi there.

If anyone is interested in Yellow Pages Scraper, just let me know.

I have versions for Canada, USA (includes the normal yellow pages, Super Pages and White Pages), Australia and UK.

Another versions can be build anytime!

Just contact me and for the price of $65 you can get any of these versions.

• Like 1