UBot Underground

Duplicating A Table Cell Many Times (10 - 20K)

The short story is I have a cell in R0C4 and I need to duplicate it all the way down to somewhere in the 10 - 20k range. I tried running a loop while with a variable to do the deed, but it keep causing everything to lock up on me.

Is there any way to do this that won't goober up things?  Keeping the data in a list would work as well, but I need to have it the same length as its next door neighbors which gets it up there pretty high.

Thanks!

Thanks! 

I'm not quite sure of the benefit of using a local variable though. Is it somehow better than using a global variable?

Im not quite sure what the problem is

If its neighbour gets up that high,why not add it at the same time as its neighbour,or if it is just filling in N/A or something to an entire column,you can have it fill that part out at the very end of the script before completion,should only take 5-10 seconds

Did you try adding it to a list and then last step adding the list to the col?

Not trying to step on your feet but I'm curious if this will work.  I ran an infinite loop last night on accident and had 22,000 items in a list and it just kept chugging away but it really didn't slow down much.  I imagine that I could have added it to a table with no worries though.

Peace,

LJ

@deliter - It's kind of difficult to explain, but I'll try with an example.

The data set that will be used already contains the info in Table 1, column 0, which is 2500 rows long and info in Table 2, column 0, which is 6 rows long. I need to efficiently merge/combine so that each item in Table 1 is paired with EACH item in Table 2. There is ALSO a cell in T2C1 that needs to be present in each iteration of the merge/combine. There are many ways of doing this, of course.  What I did was make a list from T1C0 and add it to itself T2C0#rows times. Then the lag came when I started making the long column for T2C1.

I came up with a solution that seems to work pretty well - http://network.ubotstudio.com/forum/index.php/topic/19049-guide-duplicate-single-list-item-many-times/

Thanks to everybody for their input.