UBot Underground

avoid this seller
janemitchell
pay you by paypal
and then to put a dispute on paypal after retrieving the code or the bot
be careful!

Regards !  ;) 

If you have a good relationship with Paypal, this shouldn't be a problem. You can explain what happened. Show them the emails where they hired you, and show that you delivered the work. 

Tell paypal it's a virtual good. And then I'm very sure they will close the dispute.

Dan

• Like 1

That's why most of the time i never sell Source i always sell a locked version of the bot if its someone i have never dealt with before or i ask for other payment Method besides Paypal 

Now i will only go with donation payments for sources, this guy also scammed me even after i showed all the screenshots for paypal

but things happen and he wont go far with anything in life anyways.

Now i will only go with donation payments for sources, this guy also scammed me even after i showed all the screenshots for paypal

but things happen and he wont go far with anything in life anyways.

Good idea with donations :) Hard to dispute a donation :)

Regardless of what payment option you use with PayPal the same scenario can play out.

The best thing that you can do when selling source codes if you do not know the buyer is

use the following payment options:

I know these are not as quick as PayPal but it will protect you in the long run.

STP - Solid Trust Pay

BitCoin

MoneyGram

Western Union

Bank Wire

Regardless of what payment option you use with PayPal the same scenario can play out.

The best thing that you can do when selling source codes if you do not know the buyer is

use the following payment options:

I know these are not as quick as PayPal but it will protect you in the long run.

STP - Solid Trust Pay

BitCoin

MoneyGram

Western Union

Bank Wire

If your in the USA, 

Add Green Dot Money Pak's to this list.

I used to use this for high priced items.

• 3 weeks later...

A single sentence in your sale letter will stop all such nonsense...

"Due to the nature of this digital product, no refunds are allowed".

That's it. 

If anyone files a dispute, you give them the link to your sales page, tell them that you clearly stated your refund policy. - You instantly win the dispute.

• Like 2

A single sentence in your sale letter will stop all such nonsense...

"Due to the nature of this digital product, no refunds are allowed".

That's it. 

If anyone files a dispute, you give them the link to your sales page, tell them that you clearly stated your refund policy. - You instantly win the dispute.

he still can claim it as Unauthorized payment(like a hacked account or something like that)

So what are sellers suppose to do when someone asks for a refund like this??

There must be some Protection for sellers??

It depends on how the payment was funded. If it came from the buyers paypal balance or was funded by a bank account all you need to worry about is Paypal's rules so you can cover yourself. If however the payment was funded by a credit card then the buyer can go through their cc company directly and when the cc company takes the money back from Paypal you are pretty much out of luck because Paypal is not going to eat the loss. 

Even accepting the payment as a "personal" send money payment is not going to save you from  cc chargeback. In addition taking "personal" payments for commercial transactions is against Paypal's TOS and if they catch you doing it they will more than likely cancel your account so that is not a solution I would use. 

Most people are not going to screw you over but no matter what there will always be a few, you just have to work that into your business model like all your other expenses and try not to take it personal. Every business in the world that accepts anything other than cash has this problem, it is just one of the things that suck about being in business for yourself rather than working for somebody. The key thing is to realize that it IS going to happen once in awhile so keep that in mind when working out your pricing. 

• 8 months later...