UBot Underground

Browser.exe stuck on some client PCs

Hello Ubotters,

recently I was confronted with a very strange problem. 

One of my customers reported that the bot is not finishing on his PC. 

It's compiled in V4. 

It's running fine on my system. I have done multiple tests and everything was fine. 

It's a multithreading browser bot extracting some data from amazon.

On his pc it looks like some browser windows are not closing at the end. There is nothing happening within the window. 

But I can still click them and they show up in the bot. But it looks like they are stuck?

Have you every had such an issue? Something that only happens on some pcs but not on others?

Any idea why that could happen?

PS: It's not looking like a browser.exe crash. Well.. at least what I can say. It's not showing the typical names in the task manager.

Thanks in advance for your help.

I would say his computer does not have enough cpu/memory when the bot is running or after some time, as it usually consumes more memory over time.

the process of closing browser in multithreading bots is "heavy", so if at the moment when bot tries to close browser it fail because of lack of cpu or memory it will sometimes crash and sometimes just stuck, also this may happen if on the page you are using there is a lot of javascript or flash elements which also affect browser responsive - in this case browser will stuck because at the moment of closing it was too busy loading some javascript/flash so it fail to close and stuck forever in the side column of the bot.

I would say his computer does not have enough cpu/memory when the bot is running or after some time, as it usually consumes more memory over time.

the process of closing browser in multithreading bots is "heavy", so if at the moment when bot tries to close browser it fail because of lack of cpu or memory it will sometimes crash and sometimes just stuck, also this may happen if on the page you are using there is a lot of javascript or flash elements which also affect browser responsive - in this case browser will stuck because at the moment of closing it was too busy loading some javascript/flash so it fail to close and stuck forever in the side column of the bot.

Thanks a lot for your feedback. Is there a way to identify how long a particular browser process is running? And then eliminate that process via the task manager for example?

Dan

Thanks a lot for your feedback. Is there a way to identify how long a particular browser process is running? And then eliminate that process via the task manager for example?

Dan

you're welcome.

I think solution would be to restart the bot every X amount of time.

Using "Clear Ubot memory" command may also do the trick.

you're welcome.

I think solution would be to restart the bot every X amount of time.

Using "Clear Ubot memory" command may also do the trick.

My problem is, that my multithreading bot doesn't finish when the browser processes are not closing. 

Right before the browser define ends, the thread counter is decremented. And after all urls are processed and threads = 0 the bot will do some final tasks and save the results to a file.

But because some browser windows don't end, this doesn't happen.

Dan