UBot Underground

What's the next step up from ubot?

I think I want to take a stab at writing a real bot, from scratch. I love ubot, it has enabled me to make more money and do things I would NEVER be able to do, the program crashes at least 12 times a day for me, it's hourly when I'm working.

I don't complain about it much b/c ubot has enabled me to do amazing things, but at the same time, it's also causing me productivity with all the crashes and errors.. So what's next? VBNET?

Ubot crashes so much, the only guess I can make is that it's hard to write a stable program that is a development environment, idk. I just wish it did not crash religiously.

You can try to convert your bots to c# and .Net.

Using ubot you have already learned the logic behind your bots so now it's just a question of converting the logic of your bots to a real coding language such as c#.

This is a way i have been using ubot for a long time now with the same reason as you.I have actual though of making some tutorials on how to do it if there are enough people interested i may do it.

Get yourself a copy of visual studio and just play around with it(you can use visual studio 90 days for free)

There are tons of tutorials and example bots made in c# around and you can start with opening them and look at the code.(try to find something like the bot you want to convert and look how they did it)

I would not start with a big course on c# try to learn just the commands you need to convert your bot.

• Like 3

I agree, ubot will hopefully have one day features like https://code.google.com/p/blockly/

where you can convert to php, javascript, or python. We could even have a crowd sourced plugin development, where we all write 1 or 2 functions from ubot in another language, and it could get completed in no time from the ubot users. 

there are around 120 commands, (not sure how many parameters.) so if we wanted to be able to convert just the commands to c++/php/javascript/phython   then we only need 480 commands written, 2 commands each would take 240 people to get us half way there.

if someone could put a list up of all the functions and parameters, i would defeo put my name against at least 10 to figure out.

I've looked in this direction as well, and the jump between ubot and something like vb.net or the such is pretty big. One thing I'd love to see is an api interface into ubot, so one could create an automation sequence in ubot, Compile it as a dependable and then call it silently through vb.net. That would be cool. The rapid dev platform of ubot and the flexibility of visual studio - it would knock it out of the park.

Frank

• Like 1

Using ubot you have already learned the logic behind your bots so now it's just a question of converting the logic of your bots to a real coding language such as c#.

This is a way i have been using ubot for a long time now with the same reason as you.I have actual though of making some tutorials on how to do it if there are enough people interested i may do it.

Get yourself a copy of visual studio and just play around with it(you can use visual studio 90 days for free)

There are tons of tutorials and example bots made in c# around and you can start with opening them and look at the code.(try to find something like the bot you want to convert and look how they did it)

I would not start with a big course on c# try to learn just the commands you need to convert your bot.

Oh yeaH IM INTERESTED IN THIS.  My logic behind learning a new language is because im in fear ubot one day might simply die.  The other day their servers where down for about an hour and to me this was a very realistic wake-up call, even though ive been using ubot for about a month and a half because of the incident above im having a real urgency to learn something parallel to ubot. In case shit happened.

Edited by innerged

yes, i agree with this comment, they could always implement a p2p license system instead, as i'm sure there are enough users who have ubot connected that they could switch to the p2p if their servers go down.

Vote +1 for the tutorial. I personally see that ubot compiled app can't beat visual studio compiled app in the software industry, specially for complicated & rich-feature software. For simple and self-use app, then ubot is the real winner.

I think the real direction things are heading are towards web apps. People and companies are getting more and more used to using cloud applications (web apps) and that way you don't have to worry about all the inconsistencies with different platforms. I think it would awesome if someday ubot switched directions to a simple web app developer platform or if someone else developed an easy to use web app developer.

• 3 weeks later...

I've looked in this direction as well, and the jump between ubot and something like vb.net or the such is pretty big. One thing I'd love to see is an api interface into ubot, so one could create an automation sequence in ubot, Compile it as a dependable and then call it silently through vb.net. That would be cool. The rapid dev platform of ubot and the flexibility of visual studio - it would knock it out of the park.

Frank

Yes this would be killer for sure. Anything is possible, so I am pretty sure this could work. The cool thing about ubot in general is that it has motivated so many of us to learn code. Once you see how powerful the whole thing is, then its like... (insert light-bulb moment here) "Now that I have a better grasp of flows, lets learn how to do it like the pro's".... Then... youre learning PHP, SQL, C# vb.net.... now you have an additional skill set.... now, if you want to take your skills to the marketplace, have at it...  Not to mention the HTML and CSS you had to learn to make your software interface look "snazzy" lol.. 

• 2 weeks later...

I would like to see the C# tutorial

• 2 weeks later...

Sorry i forgot about this thread,but i did not forget about the idea.

I see a few people are interested in learning to convert bots to a real coding language.

I have been working on some huge projects and have had little spare time to make tutorials.

The very complex algorithm i have been making for the projects are at 70% and almost done and i should get some more time for other stuff soon.

Due to the very slow progression of ubot 5,i am thinking of dumping ubot for what it is ( i told myself to wait for the next update of ubot 5 to make a decision since Seth mentioned in the bhw thread that next update will be huge and fix most of the bugs,so i am curious but i highly doubt it since all my reported bugs are not even in the list and the update was supposed to come before 2014)

I only use ubot 4 atm but the major problems in ubot 4 such as browser crashes,memory leaks,browser becoming unresponsive ,and ubot freezes are never going to be fixed since ubot 4 is not updated anymore.

To get ubot 5 to the same level as ubot 4 it will take about 78 bugs to be fixed and in the current speed that would be 7-8 months from now and that is the best scenario because when more then 5 % of the users start using ubot 5 the bug will fly in the bug tracker and more bugs will be found and reported.I have uninstalled ubot 5 from my main working laptop due to strange conflicts between the 2 versions of ubot and i have also stopped reporting bugs due to a huge time waist so im just sticking to ubot 4 atm.I have ubot 5 installed on my tablet just to check if some improvements are made during the updates but i do not waist time on it to try to make something since 95% of the bots i made in ubot 4 has issues when i try to open them in ubot 5.

If i decide to dump ubot then i will start working on a big project i have planned for some years now,and i think i will please a lot of advanced users and some users prayers will be answered.

I do not want to say to much about it yet because there are a lot of maybes that i need to get some clear answers on before starting.

In the meanwhile if you are ready to make the next step in your coding career let me know in this thread and i will give more information when i am ready.

Also do you like the idea to convert your bots to c# .Net or do you rather wish to convert them to c++ or any other coding language.

If you have a other preferred language instead of c# and .net then please do let me know and also tell me why you would like to convert to your preferred coding language above c# and net.

• Like 2

I have read that C# is easier to learn but it has less security for the compiled exe and easier to crack. Mean while C++ has more learning curve and more security for the compiled exe so it is harder to crack

So ...

If you want to sell your bots i suggest learn C++

If you want to code only to automate your daily task (like me) then learn C#

Just my 2 cents

• 3 weeks later...

I would see real Windows integration, features that WinAutomation has.

uBot is (currently) 99% focused on web and text manipulation but i would like to be able to control any task in Windows as well, including any desktop software.

• 3 months later...