UBot Underground

Now that V5 is out can we know what has changed?

yeah the new features are pretty nice but I would also like to know what was the advantage of moving to c++ for complied bots apart from security.

thanks

I to would like to know if the profomance problems have been taken care of, like the memory useage slowly climbing until the bot stops after hours of use, this has been a huge problem for ubot and is a cause of lots of refund request and reputation damage, leaving us with no way to defend our self.

• Like 1

yup , definitely there is still some issues with the V5 , but i'm seeing some big potential in this version if all the bugs get taken care of !

i think it was really early pushing the update to everyone !

They have changed the rand() function to now only return the number 41 no matter the min or max value. definitely makes things easier trying to remember those pesky random digits.

This was one of my main questions as well,i have done some testing since i have no problems to use v4 bots in v5.

So far i see no improvements what so ever with the newly compiled bots,i still get a lot of browser freezes and crash.

But it is really to soon to tell for sure if there are any improvements in the bots,i guess we just have to wait until all the bugs are sorted out.

Here are some of the improvements i was hoping to see but so far no improvments:

-Browser stability

-Memory leaks

-Use of CPU

-Less crash in compiled bots

-Less crash during development

-Less freezes when developing larger bots

I was hoping for a update yesterday/today so i can recompile the bots and try again,but so far i am not impressed with the stability.

For now it's pretty hard to tell if ubot 5 is slowed down to all the bugs or there actual has been any improvements.

As far as future potential this version has everything to be great but it all comes down to the stability of ubot 5,if the things i had problems with in ubot 4 are also in ubot 5 then i do not see that potential because then its just a redesigned shiny ubot 4 version with the same issues.

• Like 1

I was also looking for a list. I can see a few new features which we saw in email/blog posts before the launch and of course the great new look but everything else appears to be the same. 

I've had no problem compiling uBot 4 bots but I've seen no improvement in them either. One of our bot users on CodeClerks mentioned that the installer is broken if you try to use the third compile tab for an installer and then actually run the setup file on the same machine as uBot is installed. I haven't tried this myself though. 

Here are some of the improvements i was hoping to see but so far no improvments:

-Browser stability

-Memory leaks

-Use of CPU

-Less crash in compiled bots

-Less crash during development

-Less freezes when developing larger bots

I was hoping for a update yesterday/today so i can recompile the bots and try again,but so far i am not impressed with the stability.

For now it's pretty hard to tell if ubot 5 is slowed down to all the bugs or there actual has been any improvements.

As far as future potential this version has everything to be great but it all comes down to the stability of ubot 5,if the things i had problems with in ubot 4 are also in ubot 5 then i do not see that potential because then its just a redesigned shiny ubot 4 version with the same issues.

Agreed. I was hoping for these as well.