UBot Underground

Best Virtual Desktop for a newbie?

Hey guys. It's time for me to get a virtual desktop. I've made a few simple bots that I'm beginning to market the hell out of and I'm going to need a virtual desktop if I want them to reach their full potential. There are 2 things that are very important to me. 

1. Costs. I'm really broke so I need to get the lowest costing VD as possible that can run bots. Even if it's not as fast. I'm hoping to start making some income over the next few weeks and I can upgrade then. (After paying off some debt.)

2. Ease of use. I come from a marketing background and am not a computer pro in anyway. I was using 3Essentials for a few months and was able to use their service easily but they're unable to run any of my bots.

I've read this post and it has some great information but I was wondering if anyone had more information. 

http://www.ubotstudio.com/forum/index.php?/topic/10386-dedicated-and-vps-who-works/?hl=%2Bvirtual+%2Bdesktop&do=findComment&comment=53741

I am using poweruphosting at the moment. They are compatible with SEO tools and have unlimited bandwith.
I pay $35 a month for 1Gig ram.
Anyways, you are looking for cheap right? How cheap?
You better put a budget so that we can determine what to advice. :D

1Gig or ram is so crappy though.  I pay slightly less for 1Gig (accuwebhosting), but I find it isn't enough.  But you can always start out with 1Gig and then upgrade as needed. Most people call this a virtual private server (VPS) which you connect to with remote desktop.

• 2 weeks later...

I think you should say VPS/private server then, right? Remote only means that the computer you are connecting to is in another location and "virtual desktop" just tells that OS is running in virtual mode.

I don't have good experience with low cost server providers (the only one that worked for me was Amazon's AWS, but it's a bit to expensive), so I just bought a PC and I am running virtual machines on it.

I think this would also be the cheapest option for you, if you already have a PC. To hide your IP you can use HMA (Hide My Ass) which is a cheaper alternative to using proxies (still, dedicated private proxies work the best, while you are the only one using that IP).