UBot Underground

Escape character issue how do you remove and clean the code view text to be back to normal

Escape character issue how do you remove and clean the code view text to be back to normal after ubot messes up the text ????

figured out half our issues with code view is that stupid escape character addition when saving to text files, might as well not even have code view the way that thing fucks up constantly every html ui i build

some one has to know how to clean the text foogle was no help

well its a bit more complicated then that but i use a text editor with search and replace too however sometimes ubot hides them in strings and or search replace removes to many

just want a nice clean txt code without an extra hour of work to put it back to txt format

thanks anyway tho

its only in the html ui ( which i have come to find needs a shit load of help and updates cause its buggy as hell ) cant do jQuery and css3 properly and when it does when you compile it ubot compiler breaks it for you

so you end up screwing around for hours cause the developers are lazy and dont want to make it easier for us to do

i can say that cause i been paying for years the monthly fee and the things we really need in ubot they should be able to add in more real timefram instead of an update every few months

maybe i will stop paying that fee and only pay for it when and IF they do an update

( sounds like im pissed off tonight , yes true ubot developer laziness and lack of fore thought on coding has cost me tons of extra hours for nothing) and its getting under my skin

if they dont smarten up soon i think im just going to head off to Visual Studio 2012 and be done with these bugs and lack of feature updates

If you grab the code right out of the html ui node you won't have those escape characters. They only show up in code view. Idaknow. 
Interesting you mentioned Visual Studio. I just spent the evening looking at the different kind of programming languages and other programs, but didn't see visual studio. Another one to check out. There are so many different programs out there. The more I check out the ubot studio forum the more I find. Endless fun.  :ph34r: 

Wow the price tag on high end of VS is the same price as a small car.

If you grab the code right out of the html ui node you won't have those escape characters. They only show up in code view. Idaknow. 

Interesting you mentioned Visual Studio. I just spent the evening looking at the different kind of programming languages and other programs, but didn't see visual studio. Another one to check out. There are so many different programs out there. The more I check out the ubot studio forum the more I find. Endless fun.  :ph34r:

Wow the price tag on high end of VS is the same price as a small car.

ya im so anoyed with the html ui and ubot tonight im downloading the Visual Studio Ultimate with blend , its a $17,000 app but 90 days trial to play with it why not

Froogle it...

Learn C++ in 21 days.

I don't think there lazy, just overworked and underpaid...  As far as I know Eddie is the only one working on Ubot. 

ya thanks im also downloading a bunch of vs quick start books imsure it comes with a manual help system

the hours i wasted on ubot html ui just in the past week alone would have made me an app on VS by now im sure

;-) <_<

I guess I need to work on my sarcasm as well.  <_<  -_-

There are some really good courses online about learning programming languages, but It will never be as easy as learning ubot.

Hands down the easiest to learn...

But one of the buggiest, because we have no real control.

ya no doubt there

i got ubot down pretty well and if i don't i have to search for days for a solution with a forum with search function that doesn't work right either

i got some sarcasm left in me tonight ;-)

i like ubot and done a lot with it but the more i get deeper i find its almost time to pick up a few external more professional setups and learn them too cause their living in 2013 and ubot is still back in 2004

sooner or later i have to look at time wasted vs time created

and by the logo above ...LOL its digressing back to kindergarten LOL

just want that feeling for 2013 that .. hey i can build an app for that, not like currently

hey i can waste months trying to force ubot to do that and or get those non existent developer upgrade features we need in a few decades

just cause ubot doesn't want to keep up doesn't mean that we can afford to waste so much time  with bugs and waiting forever to get things

i think its that logo LMAO its making me jump ship hahaha

sooner or later im going to outgrow ubot and i think its time to look at options cause i cant see any real progress coming down the pipe or even features we really need LOL

ya im raggin on ubot tonight cause i think it needs a good healthy kick in the pants and move up to 2013 and the only way to get them to do anything is voice your opinion or they ignore us till we break ubot and they make us wait months for fixes

the net moves far to fast to wait months for shit to get done

• Like 1
Escape character issue how do you remove and clean the code view text to be back to normal after ubot messes up the text ????

Just answered this in another thread:

http://www.ubotstudio.com/forum/index.php?/topic/12451-feature-demand-export-to-plain-text-file-without-escape-character-bs/&do=findComment&comment=67254

Try it, you'll love it.