UBot Underground

Missing Info with $scrape attribute

Hi. I built me a bot that scrapes the yellow pages. Everything is done and it works fine for the most part except for this: when a business doesn't have a phone number listed for instance, ubot just skips to the next one. Now my rows a different lenghts and the data is miss-matched. I'm using '$scrape attribute' to grab thing, then adding the results to a list which in turn get added to a column in a table. Is there a way to make ubot add a blank in such case?

Find one business that has everything that you are looking for.

Then.

Start building in the logic and comparisons to test for their existence. Then the next time you encounter a business without that data you will know.

For my own yellowbook scraper I always assume that it will not find that data so I load that variable with "N/A" or "Missing" and then if it finds it then that preloaded data will be changed to the found information.

Also remember that if you are saving to a list then you need to account for those missing items so you will need to set your Advanced to "Not Delete" duplicates.

Buddy