UBot Underground

Software Doesn't Work...

Guys, anyone have any ideas on this:

I released a bot, it's pretty popular and works for almost everyone... Almost.

Some people it isn't working for.

My initial thought is that it was antivirus/firewall preventing it from working for those people, so I instructed them accordingly.

One person I even went and found instructions for him for his antivirus as well as windows firewall. - He took screenshots and shows that he done everything I could find for him to do.

What else should I be looking for? I have people running it successfully on everything from a mac to a win xp and of course all newer versions of windows.

I must be missing something that can get it to work on their system, but I can't think of what that something might be.

Any ideas?

What problems are they having? I just released a bot and the problems I had was people not being able to save stuff (running it as administrator worked). Also, not being able to download the support files. I had to zip the support files and have them download it from me and put the folder in the correct spot.

runtimes (.net framework), did they install flash? Did you set the agent (browser), if you set it to chrome, do they have chrome installed?

Thats my short list of ideas.

The agent just fakes what browser you use. It's always the same one. I know I just started getting run time errors c++ (not sure if it's the same one as you) since the last update but apparently it's a bug with the browser and it should be fixed with the next update, whenever that is.

Perhaps have them install the latest version of .net

Those are some good ideas guys - Thanks - I'll send them out and hope it resolves the issue.

@Jubu - You mention support files ... Are you referring to files specific to your software, or are there ubot files that I don't know about?

-The main problem people are having with mine is that it isn't returning results (the scrape section) .. It is supposed to create a file on their desktop and populate it with results via multiple txt files, some people get nothing at all, and some get the folder and text files, but the files are all empty.

The files from ubot. The first time you open the program on a new computer it will download support files from ubot. Here's some more info about it http://www.ubotstudio.com/forum/index.php?/topic/9671-compile-security/page__p__49852__hl__%25appdata__fromsearch__1#entry49852

To me the problem you mention might be because they they need to right click and run it as administrator. At least that should work for people that don't show any files saved.

no, didn't work running as admin .. on the bright side though, once i finally find the issue and a work around, I'll have a list of everything in the world to possibly try when someone runs into problems.

No matter what you do there will be a few people that the software just won't work. That's one of the programming challenges with Windows. The environment takes nothing to be hostile. I've personally sold several bots and I find no matter how careful I am, I will get about 1 or 2 people per 100 sales that will just have nothing but troubles. I've incorporated this into my profit/loss of a bot as part of doing business. I'll normally give a refund to these people. I don't mean to sound harsh, but your time is better spent building the next bot then banging your head against the wall for a couple of sales out of hundreds.

Frank