UBot Underground

The Color of conversions

3 members have voted

1. 1. What color converts the most?

• Red
    • Green
    • Orange
    • Blue

Just curious here as I have been playing around with different color schemes and backgrounds to see how much difference this makes to conversion rates on my sites. Just changing the background image increased the percentage of people who filled in an application form on my site by 10-15%

Assuming the people visiting your site have come for the exact purpose of your site, will the color scheme impact whether they decide to make a purchase, fill in an application form, etc and what color do you think it likely to convert best for your particular niche?

A while back I read an article which stated the following

Orange = Impulse

Green = wealth

Blue = Business/Corporate (implying a safe company to deal with).

Red = Urgency

Anyway, any opinions appreciate and thanks for your time :-)

I will chime in here.

When it comes to conversions, EVERYTHING can either help or hinder. You will not get any real answers in this forum, or any forum for that matter.

It is so different from product to product, or service to service. The only way you will find the answer you are seeking is to test, test, test... After that test, test, and test some more. Keep tweaking small things until you think you have the highest conversion rate you can achieve. After that test, test, test some more... You get the idea.

Be sure that when you are testing, you only change ONE element at a time. That is the only way to be sure that what you changed is what positively or negatively affected the conversion rate. I will say it again because it is that important. Only change ONE thing at a time...

Personally on some of my sites I go with a blue background to instill trust. On other sites, I found that a grey background works best.

There are just so many different elements you should be testing, that it literally never ends. The font, the spacing, the images, the background, the message, the call to action, the purchase button... You get the idea. So to sum it up, just test test test to see what works for you. And never stop testing in pursuit of the perfect conversion rate. B)

Justin