UBot Underground

[Sell] Regex Builder - Build Regular Expressions For Ubot With Ease!

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Ok folks, A lot of you have helped me with ubot over the last 18 months or so and my success in ubot has been squarley down to a number of you here with your help and moving me forward with my develop

Build Regular Expressions On The Fly With Regex Builder     http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=msjOAwc28Ew   Update Version 1.1 "Inline" Feature Below   http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EqR40X1i_MY        

Try this in Regex box [0-9.]+ or  .*? or .*

Hey bud,

you've helped me a lot in the past with regex, so I'm definitely getting this. Just to let you know though I can't view the videos for some reason.

Also, I've been using regexhero - it's quite userfriendly. Is your solution as friendly, or friendlier? Also, does it help me learn/understand regex? (cant see videos to determine this myself)

Hey bud,

you've helped me a lot in the past with regex, so I'm definitely getting this. Just to let you know though I can't view the videos for some reason.

Also, I've been using regexhero - it's quite userfriendly. Is your solution as friendly, or friendlier? Also, does it help me learn/understand regex? (cant see videos to determine this myself)

Hi Kev,

I think you should watch the videos before purchasing - so you know exactly what you're getting. I have uploaded a mirror for the first video here: https://vimeo.com/66686854

If you are able to view that please let me know and I will upload the other to Vimeo as well. If not, then I'll find another place to upload them. I haven't used regex hero so I can't say - I just checked it out and I don't think it's the same. My software will allow you to build the regex a bit more visually as it relies on clicking buttons and a lot less (if any!) typing. For this reason I think it can help you build regex quicker and it may also help you learn as you will see how the expressions are built and I think over time it will make a lot more sense to you.

Edit: here is the second video now on Vimeo as well

https://vimeo.com/66904666

Thanks for that - I can see it perfectly, thank you. Looks great.

Picking up a copy now along with the source code :)

• Like 1

Ok folks,

A lot of you have helped me with ubot over the last 18 months or so and my success in ubot has been squarley down to a number of you here with your help and moving me forward with my development.

Nick (helloinsomnia) has been one of these folks.

Regex has always been a bone of contention for me - learning ubot was one block I needed to get over - and regex was always lurking in the background.

Nick has helped me a lot with my regex problems (as others have too) and this tool has now helped me move past what has been a hurdle for about 2 weeks. The regex tool is easy to use and after one email into Nick I got an answer that confirmed I was on the right track and has literally opened up an avenue for me to plough on with my project.

Thanks Nick for putting this together! Everything I seem to buy from ubot developers is always first class! What a great community to be a part of :)

• Like 2

I think I have given everyone plenty of time to see this, so I will be raising the price tomorrow - I didn't want to do it over the weekend because I know some don't work weekends. So this is my fair warning post, if you want to get this at the lowest price then today is the day!

• 4 months later...

HelloInsomnia -- I haven't really played around with the regex tool in uBot 5, but curious if your builder has any advantages over it? Considering buying this...  :)

HelloInsomnia -- I haven't really played around with the regex tool in uBot 5, but curious if your builder has any advantages over it? Considering buying this...   :)

The tool in V5 tells you if your regex is correct where this helps you build regex a bit easier. I suggest watching the two videos and seeing if it is something that you think will help you build regex easier or faster.

The tool in V5 tells you if your regex is correct where this helps you build regex a bit easier. I suggest watching the two videos and seeing if it is something that you think will help you build regex easier or faster.

Yeah, I was just about to watch them. I'm thinking it would help, considering regex is one of my weaknesses. 

Ok, so after digging in, I can tell this is def. going to make my life easier!!!

Question though, in the example from your 2nd video where you are finding the 2 math equations... What additional steps would you take if you were looking for the first math equation, not both? 

Would this be part of the regular expression or would that be done on the ubot side? (hope that makes sense)

Ok, so after digging in, I can tell this is def. going to make my life easier!!!

Question though, in the example from your 2nd video where you are finding the 2 math equations... What additional steps would you take if you were looking for the first math equation, not both? 

Would this be part of the regular expression or would that be done on the ubot side? (hope that makes sense)

Not sure if there is a better way, but in the mean time I used the uBot command "regex to list" and added it to a list, then just set a variable to select the first list item.

If you get multiple results and want the first one you can do add list to list and in the bottom part put find regular expression and then once it adds them into a list use list item 0 to get the first result.

If you get multiple results and want the first one you can do add list to list and in the bottom part put find regular expression and then once it adds them into a list use list item 0 to get the first result.

yea, that's what I guessed. 

Thanks!

Ok, new question..

Let's say I had an entire source code for a webpage loaded into a variable and I am trying to use regex to essentially find the innerhtml of a div. (I know I can just load the html in the browser and scrape the specific attribute, but I think it would be a faster process with regex)

Anyhow, when I put the "before" tag into the editor, which is something like  <div class="blah blah blah">  and use the ending </div> in the "after" section of the editor, and then use .+  as the "target", I get nothing in the results section.

Hopefully that makes sense. 

Any idea what I am doing wrong?

Can you post an example of a div and the exact regex you used, that would be helpful :)

Just realized I never responded to this...

Anyhow, I was actually able to get the data I needed by using Aymens "$html parser".  -- Thanks for your help tho.

I do have a different question that maybe you can help with:

I'm trying to figure out how I can inject an additional word after the nTh word in a given sentence...

For example, my sentence might be:  "The green frog jumped over the log and into a rain puddle."

Let's say I'd like to inject another word after the 4th word of the sentence, so the new sentence should become: "The green frog jumped #INJECTWORD over the log and into a rain puddle."

Any idea how I might go about that? :)

Just realized I never responded to this...

Anyhow, I was actually able to get the data I needed by using Aymens "$html parser".  -- Thanks for your help tho.

I do have a different question that maybe you can help with:

I'm trying to figure out how I can inject an additional word after the nTh word in a given sentence...

For example, my sentence might be:  "The green frog jumped over the log and into a rain puddle."

Let's say I'd like to inject another word after the 4th word of the sentence, so the new sentence should become: "The green frog jumped #INJECTWORD over the log and into a rain puddle."

Any idea how I might go about that? :)

Try this out:

set(#sentence, "The green frog jumped over the log and into a rain puddle.", "Global")
clear list(%words)
add list to list(%words, $find regular expression(#sentence, "\\w+"), "Delete", "Global")
set(#new_sentence, $replace(#sentence, $list item(%words, 3), "{$list item(%words, 3)} #INJECTWORD"), "Global")

Try this out:

set(#sentence, "The green frog jumped over the log and into a rain puddle.", "Global")
clear list(%words)
add list to list(%words, $find regular expression(#sentence, "\\w+"), "Delete", "Global")
set(#new_sentence, $replace(#sentence, $list item(%words, 3), "{$list item(%words, 3)} #INJECTWORD"), "Global")

Worked perfect!! Thanks!!

Try this out:

clear list(%words)

Oh wait -- I was actually wrong. It doesn't work exactly how I hoped.  :unsure:

If there is multiples of the same word in the sentence, or a single letter such as "a" for example, it throws it off. See this example to see what I mean:

set(#sentence, "The boy jumped and screamed and looked for a person to shake his hand.", "Global")
    clear list(%words)
    set(#new_sentence, $replace(#sentence, $list item(%words, 7), "{$list item(%words, 7)} #INJECTWORD"), "Global")
    load html(#new_sentence)

Any other ideas? :)

This is the best thing I could come up with, this is a tricky one:

set(#sentence, "The boy jumped and screamed and looked for a person to shake his hand.", "Global")
clear list(%words)
add list to list(%words, $find regular expression(#sentence, "\\w+"), "Don\'t Delete", "Global")
set(#replaced_word, "false", "Global")
set(#new_sentence, $nothing, "Global")
loop($list total(%words)) {
    set(#next_word, $next list item(%words), "Global")
    if($comparison(#replaced_word, "=", "false") AND $comparison(#next_word, "=", $list item(%words, 7))) {
        then {
            set(#replaced_word, "true", "Global")
            set(#new_sentence, "{#new_sentence} {#next_word} #INJECTWORD", "Global")
        }
        else {
            set(#new_sentence, "{#new_sentence} {#next_word}", "Global")
        }
    }
}
set(#new_sentence, "{#new_sentence}.", "Global")
load html(#new_sentence)

This is the best thing I could come up with, this is a tricky one:

clear list(%words)
add list to list(%words, $find regular expression(#sentence, "\\w+"), "Don\'t Delete", "Global")
set(#replaced_word, "false", "Global")
set(#new_sentence, $nothing, "Global")
loop($list total(%words)) {
    set(#next_word, $next list item(%words), "Global")
    if($comparison(#replaced_word, "=", "false") AND $comparison(#next_word, "=", $list item(%words, 7))) {
        then {
            set(#replaced_word, "true", "Global")
            set(#new_sentence, "{#new_sentence} {#next_word} #INJECTWORD", "Global")
        }
        else {
            set(#new_sentence, "{#new_sentence} {#next_word}", "Global")
        }
    }
}
set(#new_sentence, "{#new_sentence}.", "Global")
load html(#new_sentence)

Ahh, that might work for now!

Thanks again for your help!