UBot Underground

WTF is this,29 pr month??!!

I think it's the right of any company to charge whatever they want for their products.

If they want to sell the software for $1000 and $100 per month, it up to them.

On the other hand the customer has the right to know in advance what he is getting into.

My recommendation is for the charges to be explicitly explained on the order page, so future

customers are not surprised with the monthly charges.

As for the customers that did not get the explicit explanation, some kind of compromise maybe the old price

of $5 per month.

Yes, I also agree that this raise to $29/month is something really annoying and I don't think looks good on the company. I don't know what pisses me off the most:

- This stupid raise that was never mentioned when I asked directly to the sales assistant; OR

- this bit here 'as low as $29 a month.'

You want to charge $29/month out of the blue, go ahead; but please don't treat us like idiots and write things like 'as low as ...'. Just write the damn price because that is not 'low'.

Now, you say that old customers can still have the old monthly update price of $5/month.

Cool. What is the exact date for that?

I'm 110% sure that when I bought it was $5/month because I even asked about that to the sales representative and I remember that it was $5/month and I also thought that even $5/month was more than it should be charged.

I even made the statement that kind of thing could lead into further problems: what if a company sells on a defective software on purpose and then make you subscribe to 'monthly' update to keep the software running?

I'm not accusing you of that because I trust your services, but you can see my point.

In fact, you have indeed fixed a lot of bugs in Ubot 4, but when I bought it there were quite few bugs which annoyed me, so I was pretty much obliged to subscribe to your monthly updates as the software would still not be bug-free.

I don't think that is a good practice.

It's one thing for softwares like SEO powersuite which rely on the whims of Google to have an update package, but you are charging for something that YOU should get it right in the first place!!

So basically:

- Why Seth hasn't responded me via email? The email was sent 2 weeks ago.

- Why do you charge for something that it should be your responsibility in the first place?

And lastly, I'd like to know if, even after the 30 days money-back, if it would be possible to get my money refunded for the software? It is not that I've lost interest in the software, but at this point I believe that is the best move on my part.

Thanks.

Correct me if I am wrong, but hasn't the price for the standard edition decreased? If I am not entirely wrong, the price before was $425 and now it seem to be $245.

i even would pay 5$ per months until the end of this year...u made the deal i was getting this deal and now i insist that.

Seth said in another thread that if you purchased before the price increase from $5 to $29, then you will still be grandfathered in for the $5 price.

http://ubotstudio.com/forum/index.php?/topic/9481-whats-on-the-roadmap/page__p__48589__fromsearch__1#entry48589

Is this not true anymore?

I would like clarification, because this is what I was told.

beatgnu, I get where you're coming from. I think that we can all relate to an experience that we had with a company where it seemed like they didn't have our best interest in mind. Back before the days of UBot, when my credit wasn't as good, I remember some phone calls with a company that said they could fix it. I didn't have to talk to them for very long before it became clear that they were really just after my money, and had no interest in doing anything for me at all. An experience like that can leave you with a sense of indignation and that there needs to be justice for people who have been ripped off.

I guess where I disagree is that, man, we're just not one of those companies. We're not making a fortune here, and we need to charge realistic prices so that we can keep being a company. We pay a lot of money to keep these updates coming out, and I don't think it's unreasonable to ask people to help us take care of that high cost.

I also don't think that we're misinforming anyone. Our checkout page clearly states what you're getting with your purchase. Those include:

* Download Latest Version of UBot Studio Standard

* 3 Months of Free Updates and Bug-Fixes

* 3 months of Free Premium Support

* Lifetime Access to Training Library

* Unlimited UBot Studio Forums Access

* 30-Day Full Money Back Guarantee

We don't say how much updates will cost after 3 months because updates are a separate product. There's no reason that we should explain how all of our products work on the checkout page of one of our products, but we do outline it in the FAQ.

Maybe I misjudged you when I accused you of trying to get stuff for free, and maybe you're really here just fighting on a matter of principal. You seem like you're a principled man, and that's not a bad thing. Our company lawyer has looked over our materials, and we're definitely not breaking any laws, and I don't believe we're doing anything in the least bit immoral either. We're just running a business in the way that makes the most sense. You're a business person too, and maybe you disagree with how we do things. If that's the case, then I understand, as we all have to live our own principals in our own way.

We don't say how much updates will cost after 3 months because updates are a separate product. There's no reason that we should explain how all of our products work on the checkout page of one of our products, but we do outline it in the FAQ.

With All Due Respect...

I don't think that updates should be considered a seperate product when the original product is still very buggy and doesn't always work as it should.

There have been MANY, MANY, MANY people that are experiencing many bugs that include browser crashes. This has been discussed on many threads here in the forums.

http://ubotstudio.com/forum/index.php?/topic/9286-ubotbrowserexe-has-stopped-working/page__p__47440__hl__not+working__fromsearch__1#entry47440

http://ubotstudio.com/forum/index.php?/topic/9105-ubot-has-stopped-responding/page__p__47592__hl__not+working__fromsearch__1#entry47592

http://ubotstudio.com/forum/index.php?/topic/8840-ubot4-bug-request-list-feb-2012/page__p__48391__hl__not+working__fromsearch__1#entry48391

http://ubotstudio.com/forum/index.php?/topic/9571-still-memory-leak/page__p__49171__hl__not+working__fromsearch__1#entry49171

http://ubotstudio.com/forum/index.php?/topic/9675-memory-leak-issue-temporary-solution-which-has-helped-prevent-bot-crashes/page__p__49857__hl__not+working__fromsearch__1#entry49857

http://ubotstudio.com/forum/index.php?/topic/9704-getting-chromechromewebdata-error/page__p__50008__hl__not+working__fromsearch__1#entry50008

To say that updates are a seperate product is complete and utter B.S. when the updates are required to fix BUGS. Bugs that should not even be present in the first place.

In fact, I cannot currently even use UBOT for the purpose that I purchased it for due to the VERY frequent browser crashes that I am currently suffering from. I have shared my code with both Eddie and John, and there is nothing fundamentally wrong with my code. Yet, I get constant browser crashes and lock ups rendering UBOT virtually useless to me.

So to charge $29 a month for updates that (are required to keep your product bug free) is not cool. I understand the need to keep the business going, but you should first put out a product that does not require updates to keep functioning correctly.

Don't take it the wrong way... I am in no way trying to bash your product, as once the bugs are fixed there is TONS of value in UBOT. However, I cannot currently use UBOT for what I originally purchased it for (replacing my other SEO softwares) so as of now it's $400 that I am just sitting on waiting for the next Update that I have been told will fix the problems I am having.

So to me it's not fair to have to wait for an UPDATE to fix the problems I am having. Now just imagine if the shoe was on the other foot. How would YOU feel about it. Probably pretty frustrated...

Again, I mean no disrespect and I try to be as helpful on the forums as possible because I know there is a ton of value in UBOT once the bugs are ironed out. But come on man, if your gonna charge $29 for updates then get UBot working on an acceptable level.

I think that almost EVERYONE would agree that it's impossible to run a complex bot 24/7 due to many various broswer crashes and lock ups. Some members have even suggested WORK AROUNDS for the internal problems in UBOT. That says it all.

Perhaps you can have two different kind of updates... One update for the $5 update. This could be actual functionality updates that are stricly for making the program stable. In my opinion this is the most important update, because we are ALL Desperately awaiting a stable, bug free version 4.

And then you can have an added features update that cost $29 a month (or whatever you want to charge for it, afterall it is your product)... This would incorporate any new features that are added. i.e.- Bot bank, Email Verification, and any other features you incorporate that are not originally part of UBOT. I feel (and I'm sure other members will agree with me here) that this is less important... The glaring bugs that the users are facing should be ironed out first and foremost...

To others... Let's try and keep the anger out of the discussion and try to use constructive criticism. I would hate to see this thread get deleted.

Just my .02 cents...

Justin

• Like 6

Seth, you, me and everyone in this room knows Ubot is useless without the updates. Especially during the brutal three months after 4.0 launched.

By not having them clearly visible prior to the checkout process you are hiding them. I have a gut feeling this was done on purpose to some extent to increase sales. Sooner or later the customer will figure it out and if they do after the fact and feel like it was hidden they will be pissed.

I also feel not everyone wants or needs the bot source. That should be a separate subscription rather than hitting everyone up for the full $29. You claim updates are a separate product but bundle in something for a rather significant cost (in fact many times more than the actual license) that many won't likely even use. For those who have the basic subscription, you are asking them to pay more than the license price every year. It also should scale with license rather than hit everyone the same.

I remember when I purchased my license the monthly fee was quite hidden on the site. Although I knew there were support renewals, it was tough to find.

In the software industry, 10%-20% is typically the max you can expect to pay for support and maintenance. Except when services are provided. When it comes to $29/m I will bet the majority would opt out of the bot source.

I respect you are a small company and it doesn't affect me all the much as I purchased a license a long time ago. As a business owner and frequent customer, I have my own opinion based on experience.

Offering a yearly discounted option (typically two months free), scaling the pricing based on license type, removing bot source from base license and reducing maintenance to a minimum price would do a lot to make it more reasonable. I also believe pro users monthly cost should be less than dev users.

There are a few other ways you could generate considerably more revenue than raising the on going maintenance so high.

Remember, a good part of your on going costs I suspect is your compiling servers. The fact is these are in place for your benefit not ours, they offer you copy protection but offer no value to the end user.

As I said, it doesn't affect me in one bit but it is something to think about.

Well atleast thank you for looking at it at my point of view.

I have consulted with my lawyers,they told me that the case is very strong because you are breaking multiple EU rules.But if i want to go further with it i would need to hire different lawyers that are specialized in this field.

To be honest i don't even know how this work myself i have never sued anyone and was hoping to avoid it,so this will be my first time as well and hopefully the last time.

I am going to get some more consult just to confirm what my lawyers said before i get the ball rolling.

This are free consults so the ball is not rolling , but it will start to roll as soon as i have to pay lawyer fees and consulting fees.

I will ofc send you a ticket before i let the ball roll so you know 100% sure what your getting yourself in to.This will take me some time to get clear answers and a confirmation that i will win 110% sure,so far my lawyers said it was a 99% chance for me to win.

Now i will look at it at your point of view.

Yes i do know this business is not what it used to be and there are a lot of costs involved.

You have to deal with fraud,cracks,etc and that not really helping on the costs.

But there are a lot of other ways you can get your costs out,you could move bot bank out of ubot and sell it as a stand alone software just like the codecreator by John and TJ.Then the user can decide by them self if they want the bot bank or not.I am sure there are enough people that are selling bots and find the bot bank great.

What John.TJ and ubotbuddy does is a great thing and i would be happy to pay for the services.

Now about you wanting to sell bug fixes and the bot bank as separate products.

Maybe you could pull it off with just the bot bank,but that is also going to be hard because you first made it free and then wants to charge for it.

About this statement "updates are a separate product"

How can updates on a software i bought be a separate product?

If i am not wrong the updates are for the software ubot right?

The only way you can do this is move bot bank out of ubot and then charge for it as a separate product,but there is no way you can charge for updates or bug fixes on ubot as a separate product.

When i bought ubot i agreed to pay 5$ monthly fees.

Yesterday i got a reply from the ticket i send t you and i explained that at the point i bought ubot there was no 29$ fee.You still insist that i have to pay 29$ even when the first time i heard about the 29$ fee was on 18-03-2012.Maybe you added it just after i bought it i do not know i just read the faqs 1 time and that is before i buy something.

Whenever i sell something my customers has to agree with my terms and conditions and when they agree on it they get a copy of my terms with their order.I also have a copy of the terms they agreed on.

This is to protect my rights but also my customers rights,when you are selling products worldwide there are so many laws to follow that it will make the most people crazy.One of my company's is a international trading company so i deal with different laws all the time.

Take Apple as a example,they are now getting sued by Italy,Germany and soon Netherlands.

Because their terms and conditions are not clear enough on the EU warranty.

Have you ever seen the terms and conditions by Apple?

Well i have because i own most of the Apple products out there,and it's over 10 pages long and they have covered about anything in them,but still they are not good enough to sell their products in EU because when you sell outside US you have to follow different laws.

Well this post is getting really long and i got to do stuff and this is already taking up a lot of my time,and time is not something i got that much of.

I will gather the rest of the information i need to get this started and in the mean time you can sleep on it a couple of days while i get more consulting.If you change your mind then please let me know so we can solve this without any of us making huge lawyer costs.

I have said that i am willing to pay you the 5$ fee,even when the lawyers i consulted said that i am not obligated to pay anything because the fee is not clearly described when i bought it and should be on the bills/mails and conformation mail i got from you.

I do hope you come around,so we can work this out without making extra costs....

i'm even not ready to pay 5 per months for get a stable software!

i only was belive that what u shows me on your website your promise what ubot can do. So the fakt is i get a bugsoftware and have to pay to get it stable....??? LOL

i never ever in my life i was finding things like u do here.

im from germany and i also was givem my lawyer the url the terms etc...

and exactly the same like beatngu says for european people thats inacceptable.

again

i dont need a botbank!

i need a stable product!

and i need a reason, why - when i upgrade from Pro to Dev which means 200$ i dont get the latest version!

i dont want stuff from u for free but I GOT THE RIGTH FOR A STABLE SOFTWARE I PAID FOR!!!!

your costs are doesnt matter for me because if u got so much - maybe u did thinks very wrong but thats not my problem! also is it not my problem if a dll your coder use a unstable. If your program is not runnig as u promise on your website then it is your part to fix that for all the people who bought your software because of your fantastic promise u gave on your website.

5$ even 29$ are peanuts for me like for many other people here but it is the princip you claim that im not accept.

In Germany u wouldnd lif a week with this terms & conditions and if u deal whit multiple countrys u have to accept there rulez!

So dont think because of my english im a idiot....i dont wanna figth but i will if i dont get my rigth for THAT WHAT I PAID FOR ! A STABLE USEABLE SOFTWARE !

beatgnu, by reading between the lines of your last post, it is now clear that your only intention all along really was just to get the cheaper price. I find it extremely hard to believe that any lawyer told you a lawsuit would be a good idea. I actually doubt you talked to any lawyers about this at all. Here's why:

1. To sue us, you would have to leave work, fly to America with your lawyers, pay for your accommodations, and pay for their accommodations. Considering the amount of money in question, no lawyer in their right mind would suggest this course of action, even if you were in the right.

2. It's not like you can just sue for some arbitrary amount. You have to actually sue for something. At the most, you might sue for the amount you paid for UBot. You're going to have a pretty difficult time convincing a judge and jury that we've somehow done more money than that in damages to you.

3. If you actually do end up suing, we'll surely counter-sue you for wasting our time and money on such a trivial matter.

4. If you actually did sue, you would lose, because we haven't actually broken any laws, nor have we slighted you in any way. All the things that you said about talking to your lawyers, those are all clearly lies (and not very good ones) to try to get us to comply with what you want, and we're not buying it.

This matter is no longer open for conversation, and I will now close this thread. If you continue to harass me, my staff, or any other members on this forum, you will be promptly banned.

To everyone else, as I mentioned before, the price of the subscriptions and how offer them is up for discussion, and the UBot team has actually been talking about it for several weeks. The nonsense in this thread has probably pushed the date for that back a little bit, but we're are always dedicated to the full satisfaction of our customers, and I'm always open to looking into different ways to make the numbers work. Feel free to open a new thread in the appropriate forum and we can talk about it in a more civilized manner.