UBot Underground

Ubot Working on Squidoo?

So I have read on the forums and watched a video tutorial on using Ubot on sites like Squidoo. I am wondering if anyone has had any success with this recently.

It seems like the java script being used on Squidoo is dynamic and that it changes every time you post a new lens. And you can't use the wildcard otherwise it opens all the buttons at the same time.

Furthermore how about using ubot on drag and drop interfaces? I haven't found anything in the help files about this. I have been using iMacros for a couple of years now and the drag and drop works quite well in that software. Can anyone explain if this is something you can do in ubot?

You can't drag and drop unfortunately, but you can locate elements based on images which should solve button clicking?

You can't drag and drop unfortunately, but you can locate elements based on images which should solve button clicking?

The problem is that the images are all the same. They are all buttons that look exactly the same.

Uh Oh! I knew my name was being used in vain. LOL

Check this out guys.

http://screencast.com/t/XUUP3HpG

I achieved that high level from (Pssssst) a Bot. LOL

Squidoo is VERY bottable you just need to plan things out.

Lombi is correct, dragging and dropping is not possible with v4 HOWEVER if you want to go "Old School" then you could mix v3 with v4 by Shelling out from v4 to execute a v3 bot to do what you want.

I thought that was a lot of overhead so envisioned what my final Lense would look like and that is how I had my bot build it.

Uh Oh! I knew my name was being used in vain. LOL

I achieved that high level from (Pssssst) a Bot. LOL

Squidoo is VERY bottable you just need to plan things out.

So what do you do about modules that you add when the java script for the edit buttons changes from lens to lens?

I will have to dig that bot out. I have not touched it in a while so I will see what I can do.

I would really appreciate it. I'm pulling my hair out trying to figure out squidoo. I'm trying to be creative and think outside the box, but everything I try fails.

It seems that all the video tutorials on ubot and squidoo are outdated because they talk about wildcarding the java script. I think now the javascript changes with each lens to make it difficult to automate or something.

Hey Josh,

Here is a little work around.

comment("below is for the video module")

click(<onclick=w"jqGeneral.openEditById(\'*\'); toggleDisplay(\'editTooltip*\'); return false;">, "Left Click", "No")

change attribute(<value="Video Module">, "value", "Video Module Title")

type text(<id="query">, "Video Link", "Standard")

When you click the button it opens up all the modules, but you can then find the video module with the fix above. Right now, all you can do is add a title and video url. Cannot seem to get the description to work.

I will keep tinkering with it to see what I can come up with though.

Hope this helps,

Justin

Hey Josh,

Here is a little work around.

comment("below is for the video module")

click(<onclick=w"jqGeneral.openEditById(\'*\'); toggleDisplay(\'editTooltip*\'); return false;">, "Left Click", "No")

change attribute(<value="Video Module">, "value", "Video Module Title")

type text(<id="query">, "Video Link", "Standard")

When you click the button it opens up all the modules, but you can then find the video module with the fix above. Right now, all you can do is add a title and video url. Cannot seem to get the description to work.

First of all I want to say thanks for looking at this. I really appreciate any and all help on this because my brain is bleeding from this issue. That said....

This doesn't work. What it does is opens up every module on the page at the same time.. This is because all the modules use that same javascript to edit the module. When you wildcard it all the modules open. See video below.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WrxJ2gMYdag&feature=youtu.be

First of all I want to say thanks for looking at this. I really appreciate any and all help on this because my brain is bleeding from this issue. That said....

This doesn't work. What it does is opens up every module on the page at the same time.. This is because all the modules use that same javascript to edit the module. When you wildcard it all the modules open. See video below.

Hey Josh,

I stated in my post above that it was going to open all modules. I must have mis-understood the initial request. Squidoo seems to have some good safe guards to prevent automation. That being said, I thought you were struggling with the Video module specifically.

The above code will click and open all modules. But it will allow for you to add in a name for the video module, and insert a video url. As for the other modules, I really didn't look at them.

Guess it's gonna take a more advanced member, or a cool feature like the focus one that you just wrote about.

Justin

I was just thinking about it a little more, and I think it might be possible with a page scrape.

Stay with me here...

If you know how many modules are going to be on the page, and the order in which they are in... Then there is probably a way to scrape the specific code that is replaced with the wildcard. Then you could set that to a variable, and click on that?

Sorry if this doesn't make sense. It's late here. Probably going to take a more advanced member, but this does sound feasible as they all have a unique id when creating a new lense.

If you know how many modules are going to be on the page, and the order in which they are in... Then there is probably a way to scrape the specific code that is replaced with the wildcard. Then you could set that to a variable, and click on that?

Sorry if this doesn't make sense. It's late here. Probably going to take a more advanced member, but this does sound feasible as they all have a unique id when creating a new lense.

THAT IS GENIUS!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'll bet that will work. I can't believe I didn't think of that. I will post in the next couple of days if it worked or not, but I do believe it will. I'm hoping I can make it work! Thanks for the awesome idea!

Hey Josh,

I thought that it was a brilliant idea... But to be honest, I am not that great at the using the page scrape feature as I haven't needed it that much.

When you get it working you should PM me the code. It seems as if there working hard to keep us from automating it B)

Speaking of which (off subject), there should be some kind of VIP or jr. VIP for this forum to keep the best ideas under wraps. This keeps the methods effective for longer, and I think some of the members wouldn't even mind paying an annual fee for such a thing.

Just throwing it out there... And to get back on topic. Your welcome Josh for the idea, but it's just an idea. It's up to you to take it and apply it.

Looking forward to seeing if you can get this to work for you.

Cheers,

Justin

Speaking of which (off subject), there should be some kind of VIP or jr. VIP for this forum to keep the best ideas under wraps. This keeps the methods effective for longer, and I think some of the members wouldn't even mind paying an annual fee for such a thing.

I'd actually be more than happy to host a forums like this. I think it's a good idea

Back to the subject at hand. I was able to extract the list of module ids. Based on the position of the module on the page I am able to correlate which id matches which module. The only problem I am having is how to extract only the ids from the list I have scraped.

At first I would have used replace/nothing to get rid of all the extra code I don't need but since the module ids are in there twice I don't know how to isolate just one instance of the ID. Is there a way to remove duplicate values if they are on the same line within a list. Or possibly a way to break one line within the list into 2 lines?

Here is what the list looks like.

jqGeneral.openEditById('157559499'); toggleDisplay('editTooltip157559499'); return false;
jqGeneral.openEditById('157559500'); toggleDisplay('editTooltip157559500'); return false;
jqGeneral.openEditById('157559501'); toggleDisplay('editTooltip157559501'); return false;
jqGeneral.openEditById('157559963'); toggleDisplay('editTooltip157559963'); return false;
jqGeneral.openEditById('157559964'); toggleDisplay('editTooltip157559964'); return false;
jqGeneral.openEditById('157559965'); toggleDisplay('editTooltip157559965'); return false;
jqGeneral.openEditById('157559966'); toggleDisplay('editTooltip157559966'); return false;
jqGeneral.openEditById('157559967'); toggleDisplay('editTooltip157559967'); return false;

Not really sure why you want to remove the id...

Use set with a combination of page scrape to set the variable.

Can't you just set the whole string as a variable, then click on that variable?

Maybe that is to simple, but it should work.

Justin

Not really sure why you want to remove the id...

Use set with a combination of page scrape to set the variable.

Can't you just set the whole string as a variable, then click on that variable?

Maybe that is to simple, but it should work.

Justin

I don't want to remove the ids I want to extract them into their own list. The reason is some of the modules exists on the page by default and I need to delete them, and you need the module id to delete them. so basically I need to isolate the ids into a list of just the ids and nothing else.

Ok So I figured out how to isolate the module ids into their own list.

But now I'm having troubles clicking the buttons using the variables. Any ideas?

I have tried using the click command, selecting the element and replacing the variable for the module id. I've tried the run javascript command using both the variable and the exact string from the page. Nothing seems to work.

What gets me is that if I use the wildcard it opens up every module on the page but if I use a variable nothing happens. I have check that my variables are in fact correct using the stat monitor, but they just don't seem to work. I'm gonna take a break and try to clear my head. Maybe when I come back to it I'll figure it out.

Hey Josh,

Did you try setting the user agent to something besides the default UB User Agent?

I know it sounds insignificant, but I experienced problems with youtube until I set my User Agent to Chrome.

Try setting your user agent to Chrome, I know it's a long shot but it's worth a try.

HTH,

Justin

Hey Josh,

Did you try setting the user agent to something besides the default UB User Agent?

I know it sounds insignificant, but I experienced problems with youtube until I set my User Agent to Chrome.

Try setting your user agent to Chrome, I know it's a long shot but it's worth a try.

HTH,

Justin

Tried it. No effect!