UBot Underground

Interacting with CSV File

I have been fiddling around with an email bot and I'm stuck...

What I'd like to do is load the email names and addresses from a CSV file and then somehow display them and select which ones I want to send the email to.

Doable?

I was considering loading them into a template on a webpage and navigating to it for display and selection, but then I thought there might be a way to do it internally.

Any and all ideas/pointers/hints/direction would be appreciated.

Cheers,

Duane

I have been fiddling around with an email bot and I'm stuck...

What I'd like to do is load the email names and addresses from a CSV file and then somehow display them and select which ones I want to send the email to.

Doable?

I was considering loading them into a template on a webpage and navigating to it for display and selection, but then I thought there might be a way to do it internally.

Any and all ideas/pointers/hints/direction would be appreciated.

Cheers,

Duane

How do you intend to select these email addresses?

I have a bot that does a pre-processing of all of my email accounts. I it finds any of my accounts with more than 5 emails then it creates a new csv file which will be used by another bot as input.

My secondary bot runs like clockwork so this process has streamlined the entire process substantially.

This is the closet I have come to accomplishing what I think you are wanting to do.

How do you intend to select these email addresses?

That is where I'm stumped... I need some way to select them manually from a generated list but I'm not sure how to generate that list in an editable way.

I have a bot that does a pre-processing of all of my email accounts. I it finds any of my accounts with more than 5 emails then it creates a new csv file which will be used by another bot as input.

My secondary bot runs like clockwork so this process has streamlined the entire process substantially.

This is the closet I have come to accomplishing what I think you are wanting to do.

Can you manually interact with the list or is it only automated? Could you individually select which email accounts to use somehow?

Only automated. I have never had the need to interact with a selection process. It may be possible but right now I cannot think of a way to do it.

Unless you build a special web page. Display it and then Pause your bot. Make your selection and then click the Start button to start up again.

If you are in v4 just remember there is not a facility to pop up a box reminding the user that the Start button needs to be clicked again.

Yeah, this is kind of the direction I was heading in, i.e., setting up a webpage, spitting out the content to it, then scraping it back once the changes are made. Seems like going the long way around where I thought there might be something more direct...

Thanks,

Duane