UBot Underground

Where are the Subs in Ubot 4?

I have looked all over and cannot find a Sub command in Ubot 4, does it not exist or am I just not seeing it? If it doesn't exist, how do you go about rerunning a section of commands? For instance:

If I were to create a bot that has different sections like web 2.0 poster, social bookmarking poster, etc.

Within the web 2.0 poster I have commands to register for 10 different web 2.0 sites. Previously, each sites registration process would be in a separate sub, then I would have an "if" command to check for a failed captcha or other error and if it was found, I would just rerun that sub and refill the captcha or whatever. If everything was ok, then I would move on to the next sub.

What is the easiest way to do this now?

Apparently it has been replaced by the define command but I'll tell you that it's not clear how to use it. For example, what's the difference between a 'Command' and a 'Function'?

Also, how do you properly use the parameters? Do you just manually type in new local variable names, like in ubot 3? If so, why is it different then other variable selectors?

If someone could properly explain this, that would be awesome!

Sorry Pat, I don't mean to hijack your thread but this question has been asked on the forum several times. There are no videos that seth has made on the define command - unless I completely missed it.

Frank

• 1 month later...

Now you can define commands and functions... two types of subs... there is a good video on

for distinguishing between them and illustrating how to use them.
  • Like 1