UBot Underground

Send Email /w Variables

Is there any reason "send email" will fail if using variables or table cells to populate server, username, password, send to, send from?

If I fill them in by hand, it works fine, but if I load them from csv file, put them into variables (or just use the table cells directly) in the send email command, it just does nothing. I confirmed it did not connect to my mail server. I also confirmed the information in the variables & cells is accurate.

I tested this in v3 & v4 and I am not having any luck.

In v3 it throws socket errors, in v4 it goes through like everything is fine, but doesn't send the email.

If I type the info directly it works fine but using table cell or variable fails in v3 and v4.

The variables might hold different values than what you're typing in.

For example if you load the csv file formatted like:

apple, pear, tomato

the first cell will have "apple", the second will have " pear", and the third will have " tomato". Notice the 2nd two have spaces at the beginning of them. What you would want to do is format it like:

apple,pear,tomato

That way it has no extra spaces when being loaded.

Try writing your variables out to a file or onto a webpage and see if there are any extra spaces in them.

The variables might hold different values than what you're typing in.

For example if you load the csv file formatted like:

apple, pear, tomato

the first cell will have "apple", the second will have " pear", and the third will have " tomato". Notice the 2nd two have spaces at the beginning of them. What you would want to do is format it like:

apple,pear,tomato

That way it has no extra spaces when being loaded.

Try writing your variables out to a file or onto a webpage and see if there are any extra spaces in them.

I verified them with a write to browser. I know they are right, I even tried them one at a time.

HI Bob:

Verify that the file you are using is a text file, not a word, or works file. I used UI text boxes for my username/passwords and mine works just fine.

I will be happy to share my working bot with you. Just pm me and I will get to you. It might help you figure out what is wrong with yours.

HI Bob:

Verify that the file you are using is a text file, not a word, or works file. I used UI text boxes for my username/passwords and mine works just fine.

I will be happy to share my working bot with you. Just pm me and I will get to you. It might help you figure out what is wrong with yours.

Yes, it was a text file, using notepad++ to edit it. I'll try this in 4.0.47 and see what happens, but I had same problem in v3 and I verified my data.

I will make a dedicated bot and try it, I was trying to crank out a bot for Dev approval before I left for camping so I just went another way. The final result is actually a lot more useful than what I was initially doing anyway, but I would like to get this working as I have a lot of bot ideas that need to send email and read this information from a configuration file.

I'll post an update here when I can test it.

Thanks!

• 2 months later...

If I type the info directly it works fine but using table cell or variable fails in v3 and v4.

Hi Guys -

I am having a real trouble getting the bot to send an email.

I have tried every combination of email address and server name configuration for the server setup that I can think of.

I am using standard hosted email .

So I have tried (of course)

server.domain.com

mail.domain.com

username+domain.com etc

I can not get the bot to send....

Any advice would be truly welcomed.

Cheers.

Walt

Hi There:

You need to find the port that the email provider is using. Ubot is designed to use pory 25 at this time. They are working on changing this. Once you find the port if it is using other than 25 you will not be able to use it. If you don't know how to find the port ask the email provider.

If they are using port 25 post back here and we can look at your bot. Perhaps you have done something in the coding. That will not allow your bot to send.

There could be many reasons for your bot not working. We will start with the simplest first and work down the line.