UBot Underground

Append to a field - Press or Release Key & Send Keys?

I'm trying to append data to a field without much luck. Here's what I have so far.

Choose by attribute

focus chosen

press or release key - Press Control

send keys - {END}

press or release key - Release Control

send keys field chosen

The commands work, only the text is always at the top rather than the bottom. I've tried it with focus chosen, click chosen, and with nothing at all there. Stuck!

Have you just tried "Send Keys" ?

I started with just send keys initially, but because I need a combination of Ctrl + End at the same time I was'n able to write an expression to do it. I'd settle for just pressing the down arrow a whole bunch of times and then pressing the end button to get to the end of the line, but I think my problem is that I'm losing focus before I send the keys.

After I use choose by attribute, what command, if any, do I need to use before send keys? Can you give me an example of the proper syntax?

If I understand what you're doing, one way to tackle this problem would be the following:

Choose by attribute

set #temp to $scrape chosen attribute (value)

Add your text to the end of the #temp variable.

change chosen attribute (value) to #temp

Let me know if that doesn't make sense, if you have a concrete example I can show you the actual nodes you would have to use.

If I understand what you're doing, one way to tackle this problem would be the following:

Choose by attribute

set #temp to $scrape chosen attribute (value)

Add your text to the end of the #temp variable.

change chosen attribute (value) to #temp

Let me know if that doesn't make sense, if you have a concrete example I can show you the actual nodes you would have to use.

I'm afraid you're a little over my head. I'm just getting used to constants, variables, and lists. I haven't done anything with scraping yet, but will be needing to soon. Here's a screenshot of as far as I got after your reply.

I'm trying to append the spun text to the bottom of theposting description.

Thanks for the help.post-3000-0-57762100-1311823471_thumb.jpg

I thought that I'd share what I did in case anyone else stumbles across a similar situation. Here's a screenshot of the commands. If you need any help with this in the future, pm me. I've got it down to a science now!

post-3000-0-24655400-1311915405_thumb.jpg