UBot Underground

I own ubot standard edition. Currently I use ubot to setup a ton of accounts and databases on my server then I use a perl script to deploy the wordpress files to each account. The next part of my workflow is I need to go through and edit each wp-config file in each folder to match my database info.

Since I think i can only do work on the web i went to a browser based ftp site and was able to get to the point where i open the wp-config file for editing. Now i need to know how to fine the current database info and replace it with the correct database info. Is there any way we can do a find and replace in a input box?

Or is there some other way I should go about doing this?

What I would do, is in the flow of the script set a variable containing that whole file...EXCEPT...where you need replacing just throw in some unique strings or characters and do a replace, or replacements just prior to uploading (You would save it to the file wp-config.php)...if that makes sense.

John

What I would do, is in the flow of the script set a variable containing that whole file...EXCEPT...where you need replacing just throw in some unique strings or characters and do a replace, or replacements just prior to uploading (You would save it to the file wp-config.php)...if that makes sense.

John

ok so what you are saying is to put wp-config into a variable and change the mysql info to something unique. Then to step through my csv to replace that unique mysql info with the info in my csv file that i used to set up my databases in the first place. I am able to do this in the standard edition? :)

Ok let me add more info to this thread. I have set up my wp-config.php file to look like this:

define('DB_NAME', '555841_xxxxxx');

/** MySQL database username */
define('DB_USER', '555841_vvvvvv');

/** MySQL database password */
define('DB_PASSWORD', 'cccccc');

/** MySQL hostname */
define('DB_HOST', 'aaaaaa');

since xxxxxx and so forth would be unique strings no where else in the document I should be able to edit them with my csv data. I cant wrap my head around how to do this though. Any help would be much appreciated.