UBot Underground

[Solved] Bot not clicking link on some computers

Hey G=guys,

I built a bot to update wordpress and it works great on 95% of peoples computers. But about 5% are having a problem were the bot does not click one specific link. here is a video outlining the problem...

Link removed. problem solved

Any ideas?

Shannon

Basically the bot is supposed to log into WordPress and go to the update page, if there's an update it is supposed to click the update button. This bot works on 95% of computers. However, for 5% of the people they are experiencing this problem.

The bot logs into WordPress then goes to the update page. However, it never clicks the update button. I cannot figure out how to get this fixed. Any thoughts?.

That is what you are looking at. The bot is going to his site and going to the update page. However, it is not clicking the update button. Then, it is him going to his site and logging and showing me that the update has not been completed.

Talk soon,

Shannon Herod

Check the way you are choosing the button. In IE7 the tags are in lowercase.

<input type="submit">

Where in IE8 or IE9 they are in uppercase, sometimes with or without quotes.

<INPUT TYPE=SUBMIT>

• Like 1

Not sure what you're trying to do in that video.

I tend to use the Quick Press box to the right of the screen. Once you are logged in, it come up automatically on the main menu. Slam whatever you want as a post into there. You can add full html. It removes a step of calling up the NEW POST button.

I have no problems clicking the update link. I have a network of WP sites and use my bot often for various thing which includes new updates.

What are the spec of the computer you are trying to use it and the version of Wordpress installed?

Check the way you are choosing the button. In IE7 the tags are in lowercase.

<input type="submit">

Where in IE8 or IE9 they are in uppercase, sometimes with or without quotes.

<INPUT TYPE=SUBMIT>

That was the problem. I had to choose the update button by position to get it to work right on IE 7,8 or 9.

Thanks Gogetta!

Shannon

• 1 month later...