UBot Underground

Write to UI Elements

I'm looking for a way to somehow fill UI text field elements with variables.

For the sole purpose of reusing previous project settings and information.

Example, during a project ubot can save all the information that was input as lists in .txt files. When you run the program again, I want to be able to fill UI elements with list items.

No technical info needed as far as saving files or using lists, I just need to know how, and if it's possible, to fill a UI text element with a variable. Not just change the variable set by the UI element, I mean physically place text into the UI field.

At this moment it's not possible the only way you can do it I think is with the html ui element which is only in the pro version I would love to have that function to :)

At this moment it's not possible the only way you can do it I think is with the html ui element which is only in the pro version I would love to have that function to :)

I have the developers edition so I can assure you there's no direct function to do this.

you can always use the write to browser funtion use that as your ui then you could do it

Pftg4

Uhmmm, what? I do not want to write to browser, I want to write to UI elements like UI text boxes or block text or UI list box... etc.

For example, load project 1? Ok no problem, here's all your previous UI settings... You know?

Why do you need to fill UI elements when you can save the data from the previous run and then set the variables from the saved data? You don't need to physically fill the field to set the variable.

I guess what Addam means is to auto populate data into the HTML UI elements.

@Addam, you may need to look into Javascript, there is a possible way of doing it. I haven't tried it, but I once tried it in the write to browser command and it did worked back then.

My .2 cents on it. ;)

Praney

Why do you need to fill UI elements when you can save the data from the previous run and then set the variables from the saved data? You don't need to physically fill the field to set the variable.

I want to physically fill the field. I can save the data and have it load it as new variables, but that's not my intent. My intent is to give people the ability to easily work on previous projects, edit, change or update anything as needed.

I understand exactly what you are trying to do, I am just saying there are other ways to accomplish it. I'll put together a tutorial on my site to demonstrate some of the possibilities when I can.

I understand exactly what you are trying to do, I am just saying there are other ways to accomplish it. I'll put together a tutorial on my site to demonstrate some of the possibilities when I can.

Sounds good thank you.

• 2 months later...

This can only be done using the UI Html Panel. If you check my example below you will see that every time the user runs the bot the values are stored in a text file. If they close the bot and reopen it the fields are automatically populated with the last value the bot used while running.

Good Luck!

Store UI Data.ubot

• Like 1
  • 8 months later...