UBot Underground

question about ui

ok so what i want to do it access different scripts from my ui. is that possible?

like say a click this drop down and three option pop up, one to create accounts, one to scrap content and one to post to bookmarks.

is it possible to design the ui this way?

so i shouldn't stack them all on the same script then right?

cause i have a login script, a scraper, and submitter. they're all stack on top of each other

i should leave them in separate tabs you mean?

by the way, that video is of an old version of UBot Studio. When you compile, you will get tabs instead of a menu with the different scripts. You can try breaking your script up into different scripts to see if that's what you prefer. It depends on you and what works best for you.

ok that looks good, with the tabs. can't believe i made software, super cool.

one more question about this though, is it possible to have like check boxes for each site so that the software only visits the sites that are checked?

so if one site goes down or something instead of me having to remake the software i can just skip it

Ok, that's not bad at all. What I would do is use the UI Window and place the check boxes in there. The way I accomplish this is place each siye in a sub, create an if/then statement for each site like this:

If-->Evaluate--> #checkbox variable = False

Then-->run sub(site name)

That way if the box is checked it won't run that sub.

John

lol, wow that's freakin awesome! ok, now i have another question

i made 3 scripts, one had ui elements

i opened a NEW bot and made 3 tabs, one for each of the separate scripts

i did the include thing in each tab and added one bot per tab, and i did the run sub thing too for each tab

but the third tab didn't have the ui elements like the third script had by itself

even more when i tried to add the ui to the "included" bot the variable didn't come up that it was suppose to apply to within the sub

what im wondering is, do i have to set the variable again?

Ok, that's not bad at all. What I would do is use the UI Window and place the check boxes in there. The way I accomplish this is place each siye in a sub, create an if/then statement for each site like this:

If-->Evaluate--> #checkbox variable = False

Then-->run sub(site name)

That way if the box is checked it won't run that sub.

John

im running into an issue with the checkbox, first how do i get the ui checkbox into the ui window?

second with the qualifier, i click evaluate, make the first value #checkbox, make condition =, but do i type true or false into the second value? or is there a way to add that qualifier?

im running into an issue with the checkbox, first how do i get the ui checkbox into the ui window?

Just drag it into the ui window. Refresh, and access it via the Ubot Settings menu.

second with the qualifier, i click evaluate, make the first value #checkbox, make condition =, but do i type true or false into the second value?

Yes.

You could set the variable in the main bot and pass it to the included bot via sub parameters.

what would that look like? i don't see anywhere to add variables to the include command or the run sub command

what would that look like? i don't see anywhere to add variables to the include command or the run sub command

In the included bot add a sub. In that sub, add parameters (under the variable command).

In the main bot, use 'run sub' to run the included bot's sub, and fill in the parameter's (variable's) values.

ok so bot 1 ---> make sub (set variables in that sub)

main bot -----> include bot 1 -----> run sub (do i set the variables outside of the sub? because there is nowhere in the run sub command for parameters)

No.

Please read my post again.

You will need to add parameters to bot 1, in order to see the included bot's sub's parameters in the main bot.

but i have added parameters in bot 1, but in the main bot all that shows is "include" and "run sub"

the parameters from bot 1 work, like the lists and variables but the ui elements aren't showing in top part.

sorry if im misunderstanding you

No.

Please read my post again.

You will need to add parameters to bot 1, in order to see the included bot's sub's parameters in the main bot.

here is a screen shot of what im talking about the first one is the parameters from bot 1, the second is the main bot with the include of bot 1 and the run sub of bot 1. the third is the me trying to add ui elements but they don't see the parameters from bot 1

post-1695-12894021451261_thumb.jpg

post-1695-12894023016316_thumb.jpg

post-1695-1289402316295_thumb.jpg

The first image shows that you've not added parameters to the rss submitter sub.

To add a parameter, select it from under variable commands.

im sorry i don't know what that means. what kind of parameter?